IGNORED

Which tire is the most Durable/long lasting on R1200RT/Best place to buy

Wildwestrider

Wildwestrider

I will be replacing tires before my trip in two weeks. What is the current choice for Longest lasting tire on the R1200RT? Any recommendations for the Best price (delivered)source?

Brian in Austin

I will be replacing tires before my trip in two weeks. What is the current choice for Longest lasting tire on the R1200RT? Any recommendations for the Best price (delivered)source?

Brian in Austin

We just finished a thread reagrding us of Metzeler ME880s on the RT. It seems they may be the longest wearing although they're not standard equipment on the 12RT. If you're looking for "standard" tires, the Pilot Road is popular for good mileage.

Wildwestrider

Dave, can you give me an idea where I can find that tire thread? I did a search for ME880....did not find anything that appeared to be an R1200RT tire thread.

I won't comment on what tire, but, you will be very hard pressed to beat these guys for the where:

SW Moto

That's why I like Dennis Kirk. No matter where I find the lowest price online, Dennis Kirk will virtually always beat it by 1$. A buck is a buck. grin.gif

On this forum, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on P2. Look for

"Anyone running an ME880 170/60-17 on their 12RT?"

about 8 posts from the bottom.

Tom

Archived