IGNORED

What size are the Torx bits..

Knighthawk

I'm posting from work, so I can't check. I thought they were torx, but maybe they are allen. confused.gif

Yup,

Allen on my '04 RT

Andy

Steve_Witmer

The Allen (hex) screws are on the front of the windscreen. If you then want to remove the black plastic strips from the windscreen, you need a #10 Torx bit for the two center screws accessible from the back.

Bill_Walker
The Allen (hex) screws are on the front of the windscreen. If you then want to remove the black plastic strips from the windscreen, you need a #10 Torx bit for the two center screws accessible from the back.

I can't swear to what's stock, since my '04 1150RT had an aftermarket screen on it when I got it, but my bike has no fasteners attaching the black plastic pieces to the screen. They're just held on by the allenhead screws on the front, two per side. Your 1100 may differ.

To the OP, when you get the screen off, watch out for the little rubber bushings that go between the screen and the brackets at each screw hole. They usually stay on the brackets when you pull the screen off, but they're very easily knocked off and lost. I make a point of taking them off and putting them with the screws.

Archived