IGNORED

front break pads and rotor 2006 - problems

Gar

17,850 miles rotors wrapped BMW is going to replace, however I inspected the break pads and they will require replacement. The inboard right pad is worn up to the point where the wear indicator is almost gone. I live in florida and tour with very little hard break usage. I have had 5 other BMWs with front disks which last 50,000 or more......whats up with the bmw pads....gar comments?

17,850 miles... ....inboard right pad is worn up to the point where the wear indicator is almost gone
Seems about right.

I can live with it...this is truely the finest cycle I have ever owned in 30 years of riding. I guess its the power brakes and soft pads.......I do like the power brakes...GAR thumbsup.gif

Firefight911

Regardless of the wear to the pads, since they are warranty replacing the rotors they need to get you new pads under the same warranty claim. No way they should send you down the road with rotors and old pads.

Yes, my rotors were warranty replaced and, yes, I got pads replaced under the same warranty claim.

I've had my front rotors replaced twice under warranty new pads each time. Too bad it's not a free brakes for the life of the bike plan.

Archived