IGNORED

Finally found a bike to match my favorite T shirt...

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

On a whim, I took some pictures of the GS, built a web page, posted them on Advrider with a price and within an hour,

4 guys contacted. The winner is a fellow from Miami who's flying in Friday to fetch the bike. I really like the 1150 GS.

This was my second and I'll likely have another down the road.

Replacing the GS is an '06 Ducati Multistrada. The previous owner rode less than 2k miles and decked it out with almost

all the performance items and farkles.

strada.jpg

I have mixed emotions about this bike. Not being an accomplished rider, I have no expectations of doing an

imitation of Casey Stoner in the twisties, but the responsiveness and certainty with which it advances

under throttle is stirring.

The noise it makes is sweet. We'll see if it becomes a nuisance over time. If so, the Staintune header and

Termignonis and computer will come off in favor of the stock exhaust kit. Heat is likely going to be an issue

for the rider sitting above the cylinders and the pillion who sits just above the Termignoni cans.

termin.jpg

Riding 2-up on less-than-well-maintained roads is not quite as comfy as the big trailie with its tele and paralevers, but the

Ohlins are rock steady and soak up a surprising amount of bounce.

ohlins.jpg

If HDs have jewelry, so do Ducs. Not my choice, but I can live with the clutch/pressure plate bling. The '07 Ducati

Multistrada has a wet clutch that stifles the trademark Ducati clutch noise. Word has it

owners are modifying them back to dry and noisy.

clutch.jpg

Next weekend, we'll head over to Hocking Hills for a couple of days of riding. The roads in SE OH are very

good and many are newly paved.

You'll love it. Just don't ever ride it without a helmet--you'll think several gunships have opened fire on you and the bike is exploding underneath you. smile.gif

The bad news on that clutch is that it won't last long. The good news is that it's cheap and quick to replace.

Jerry_75_Guy

Very nice!!

I've been wondering what you'd replace the GS with since you dropped by for the filter wrench wink.gif

Nice choice; I'm looking forward to the ride reports thumbsup.gif

I passed you and RR on the DUC tonight at about 6:30p. I was on my way to your house. You guys looked weird, in a cool sorta way, on the new bike.

Very nice, though! Lots of RED !

John Ranalletta
I passed you and RR on the DUC tonight at about 6:30p. I was on my way to your house. You guys looked weird, in a cool sorta way, on the new bike.

I've always been cool in a wierd sort of way...

I've always been cool in a wierd sort of way...

tongue.gifwink.gifgrin.gif

Archived