IGNORED

Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread

Kathy R

Paul ...

You are one lucky guy. I leave 7 days from now. Just one short week. But I've only got a 1,000 miles to ride to Cody.

Today:

Fresh Engine Oil

New Oil Filter

New Spark Plugs

New Air Filter

Checked Alt. Belt (spare in the tail)

Spare Fuel Filter in the tail

Newly Adjusted Valves

Newly Sync'ed TBs

Topped off Tranny

Topped off Rear End

Aired Z6s (Change-out pair staged at Big Sky in Missoula)

Tools and other spares packed here there and everywhere

Donna's stared stuffing those mongo lid side cases!

3-days to/from work for a bit of a shake down of the service work, and then we're out'a here!

Kathy,

So we're perusing the registered list of who we met last year, what names we recognize from the board, and just generally feeding our excitment, and notice you're not on the IL,US list. But then find you on the NV,US list.

Bit schizophrenic on where you actually are? grin.gifgrin.gif

But then Marty Hill registered as from Alberta,CA when his profile says Atlanta,GA. But then we'd expect that from him! Maybe it's a fad we're just not plugged into? crazy.gifwink.gif

Bit schizophrenic on where you actually are?

What can I say? I'm forced to fly out to Nevada to ride it on those dang western sweepers. thumbsup.gifcool.gif

It's an experiment. It was a generous opportunity that was offered and it suited me. I'm grateful for it. I'll see how it "flys". I can always bring her home. I truely loved riding on the roads out west. We'll see how hard it is for me to leave the RT behind...besides, I'm down to one bike again...and after Cody...I may change that.

I'm no Marty...but I'm older and I do want to have it all.

Cody story problem:

If 2 RT riders leave for Cody at the same time, travel the same distance and ride at the same speed which one buys the cigars???? show all work!

No really MrZoom and "Rusty" will depart fri the 9th from Chi-town area in the wee hours. Anyone that wants to ride with us or hook up along the way is welcome.

See ya'l at Cody!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gif

Bit schizophrenic on where you actually are?

What can I say? I'm forced to fly out to Nevada to ride it on those dang western sweepers.

That's ok Kath, as long as you don't VOTE in both places.

Uuhh, wait a minute, you live in Chicago now....

never mind tongue.gifblush.gifwink.gifgrin.gif

Uuhh, wait a minute, you live in Chicago now....

never mind

Yeah, I'm still confused, but I have a hunch I'm suppose to be!
welcome.gif

I don't know about you...but I'm getting AWFULLY EXCITED and have to jabber about it!

Kathy, I think you have premature excitement....but as of today, I am gettting REALLY stoked. It is Tuesday and I know that in four short days, I'm going for a ride. I just had the 24k done. New Tires. New brakes. The K12 is running better than it EVER has. That bike just gets better and better. I think the engine is FINALLY getting broken in. It seems like there is a substantial amount of additional power with having the valves done.

OH, BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!!

Looking forward to me hugs. I know I was promised a BUNCH when I showed up. smile.gif

• 1. New shocks installed correctly clap.gif

2. New front tire grin.gif

3. New rear brakes blush.gif

4. Autocom installed and working thumbsup.gif

Maybe, if I'm orderly, organized, and efficient, new lights on the RS. (OK, maybe no lights)

I'm printing name tags, and I have this BIG picture of all the people I'll see in less than a week.

Checking the maps, I'm thinking of all the places I'll ride through on the way to Cody - stuff I've never seen before!

Trying to remember what to bring...

Camera

New Gloves

Hugs

Smiles

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

First a note for Ken - I sent you a PM - but incase I'm confusing others - I keep my RT in Nevada. I've got my own fly and ride program.

And Ron is referring to a common phrase in Chicago; "Vote Early and Vote Often"

Ok, now what a WEIRD way to pack. Since I am flying to Vegas to load up my bike for the ride to Cody... I had to rethink how to pack. AND there is more of a danger of forgetting something since I'm not loading the bike, yet.

I think I devised a good system of checks and balances. I actually packed my bag liners, just as if I were getting on the bike. Without camping gear it sure gives me the luxury of space on the bike.

I've closed my eyes and looked in my virtual tank bag for what I need to have with me. I may have been off my RT for a long distance ride for a while, but just thinking about packing it ...it all comes back...and with it all the excitement.

To my SO, Dave, this is all a mystery. He was facinated with the Hoon Cooler...and was asking questions "What's this for?" "What's that do?"

Do we have a secret handshake? grin.gif

I told him we just "Hug" thumbsup.gif

I can't wait to launch....I will have two this time...one from Chicago and the real one, from Gleno's Garage Mahal on Friday evening...WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

Mark Tuttle
Do we have a secret handshake? grin.gif

I told him we just "Hug" thumbsup.gif

Whew, that was close! The secret handshake is safe thumbsup.gif

PhillyFlash

Kathy,

Don't obsess over being sure to pack everything. What you forget, Gleno will probably have. What he doesn't have, you probably don't need. If you do need it, you can always buy it.

But just in case, be sure to put on all the riding clothes you would typically wear to be sure you don't forget any of them (gloves, boots, helmet, jacket, pants, sunglasses, regular glasses/contacts, etc.). Extra keys. License, reg, insurance card. CD player and CDs. FRS, if you have one. Camera. Money. Wallet, and always pack it in the appropriate place! Contact phone numbers.

Jeez! That's a lot of stuff to remember and to take. crazy.gif

See you on Sunday. Can't wait to get that "secret handshake." wink.gif

... Wallet, and always pack it in the appropriate place! Contact phone numbers.

...so you remember me arriving at Torrey with no fanny pack? eek.gifcrazy.gifbncry.gifdopeslap.gifbncry.gifdopeslap.gifbncry.gifdopeslap.gifbncry.gif Not going through THAT again EVER! nono.gif

cool.gifI watched a program last night on Jellystone. I can't wait! clap.gif

I don't know why in the heck I'm sitting here reading through this thread. confused.gif I guess I wasn't depressed enough about the fact that I won't be making this trip, after planning for it since it was announced! dopeslap.gif

I'm so envious... crazy.gif

I hope everyone has a superb trip! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Travel safely!

Flash, you forgot one thing for Kathy's list. "COOKIES" thumbsup.gif

COOKIES!!!! grin.gifclap.gifgrin.gif

Yo -- Kathy is flying from far away Chicago, enduring airport security, and all those other airplane things. Arriving in swletering Las Vegas to pick up the RT she hasn't seen for a bit. Then, she's going on a longer bike ride than she's been able to fit in for a while. You should be baking cookies for Kathy! wink.gif

SOME OF US are happy just to have her company!!! clap.gif

I guess I wasn't depressed enough about the fact that I won't be making this trip, after planning for it since it was announced!

It's ok to torture yourself. crazy.gif I did it for the last UN. I went on the reconnaissance mission with Jake and Emerson to scope Eureka Springs out and then I never made it!! bncry.gif

We'll see you next time. Torrey is just a few months away and you aren't unemployed. See, I feel better already. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

I guess I wasn't depressed enough about the fact that I won't be making this trip, after planning for it since it was announced!

It's ok to torture yourself. crazy.gif I did it for the last UN. I went on the reconnaissance mission with Jake and Emerson to scope Eureka Springs out and then I never made it!! bncry.gif And it was a measly 550 mile ride!!

We'll see you next time. Torrey is just a few months away and you aren't unemployed. See, I feel better already. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

IF I were to make cookies...

1/4 of them would go to the airlines for an upgrade

1/4 of them wouldn't make it out of Gleno's house

1/4 of them wouldn't make it out of Jackson WY

1/4 of them wouldn't make it past the bears in Jellystone

But my gear would smell real good for a looonnnnggg time afterwards! grin.gif

All I might have with me is a super warm Powerbar. Sorry frown.gif

Lanester!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you SO SOON! clap.gif

/quote]

Yo -- Kathy is flying from far away Chicago, enduring airport security, and all those other airplane things. Arriving in swletering Las Vegas to pick up the RT she hasn't seen for a bit. Then, she's going on a longer bike ride than she's been able to fit in for a while. You should be baking cookies for Kathy! wink.gif

So I suppose having Kathy bring pizza to the UN from UNos would be out of the question?

So I suppose having Kathy bring pizza to the UN from UNos would be out of the question?

1/4 of it wouldn't make it out of the restaurant

1/4 of it wouldn't make it out of the condo

1/4 of it wouldn't make it out of Gleno's

1/4 of it wouldn't make it past the bears in Jellystone

If anyone is coming from Philadelphia I seriously want a cheesesteak. I'll share the secret handshake and my Chocloate Chip Cookies mix. grin.gif

Torrey is just a few months away and you aren't unemployed. See, I feel better already. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Wow, I feel much, much better! Thanks for helping me get my head on straight! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

You know...I hadn't considered Torrey... One more place that I haven't been, and want too! thumbsup.gif

PhillyFlash
If anyone is coming from Philadelphia I seriously want a cheesesteak. I'll share the secret handshake and my Chocloate Chip Cookies mix. grin.gif

Make that two, please. thumbsup.gif

Ok, I am getting a cab to Midway Airport at 5pm tonight!

Landing in Vegas and looking for dear Gleno in baggage claim at 9ishsomethingorother.

Wish Gleno and Terri were going to Cody bncry.giffrown.gif

I'll be so ready to launch out of the Garage MaHal when the Twiss's arrive Friday night....I CANNOT WAIT!!! clap.gifclap.gif

welcome.gif

I'm outta here in about an hour. grin.gif Riding from Omaha, NE to Scottsbluff, NE and then Casper, WY for the night. Going to toodle around in WY till Monday. See you at the Ponderosa! thumbsup.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

Da Shovel is abut 10 hours and a good nights sleep out. At the HI in Chamberlain SD. Guestimate about 600 miles to Cody, all of it slab except the last 100 or so. Jeez, I hate square tires!! tongue.gif

See you all tomorrow, eta is about 1800 mountain time.

Ed

Da Shovel is abut 10 hours and a good nights sleep out. At the HI in Chamberlain SD. Guestimate about 600 miles to Cody, all of it slab except the last 100 or so. Jeez, I hate square tires!! tongue.gif

See you all tomorrow, eta is about 1800 mountain time.

Ed

We'll have eaten all the pizza by then! I'm about 150 miles out in Lander, WY.
ShovelStrokeEd

Not a problem on the Pizza. I have plenty of reserve on board. grin.gif

If the beer is gone there will be an explosion. smile.gif

See you tonight.

Ed

Archived