IGNORED

Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread

Kathy R

welcome.gif

I don't know about you...but I'm getting AWFULLY EXCITED and have to jabber about it!

I went into REI (camp gear store) last night and inhaled deeply. God, I love the smell of new tents!

I went there to pick up a few more pairs of my favorite socks for riding. I'm in a tizzy about if it's going to be HOT or COLD or both...so I've gone to great lengths to make sure I have multiple layers of coolmax. I grabbed one of those teeny bottles of concentrated liquid camp soap...so I can wash out my gear. Saw some underwear that is "designed for the tourist who is going away for 10 days with only 2 pairs of undergarments". Wow, they market to EVERYbody these days. There's nothing they haven't thought of.

Is it time to pack yet?

Are you ready? Leaving stuff to the last minute? Need to jabber? grin.gif

I'm ready, and I can't wait. I'm already NOT SLEEPING due to my excitement. I might as well leave now! I'm beginning to collect my items to be packed in the middle of my dining room floor, and doing the same thing you are...making last-minute trips to various suppliers to see what I need, or what I can't live without! grin.gif

I'm already packed Kathy! I won't be getting back from Kauai until the 10th and can't leave for Cody until the 12th from Lake Wenatchee. Monday is going to be a long 777 miler. I hope the Troopers are sleepy on Monday morning blush.gif

God, I noticed the other day I got stuck at the part of the aisle with all the little bottles of shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc. grin.gif

No matter how long it takes you to get to Cody...all that matters is that you arrive safely.Somehow we've all become attached at the hip and when one of us goes down everyone suffers in some way.

I remember at Gunnison in July 2002 we were worried about a few folks who were running late. Please let others know if you are coming in late. Then we'll keep the lights on and save some pizza. cool.gif I'll hide Howards little bottle. smile.gif

We'll be coming in through Jellystone. Hey BOOBOO!

We're not the least bit excited.

I'm hardly even keeping track of the fact that it is 14 days, 11 hours, and 12 minutes until we leave.

14 days, 11 hours, and 12 minutes until we leave.

Man, when you print it out like that it hardly seems more than a minute away. I'd better pack!

Draftermike

Well, reading this thread didn't help. Already excited enough, reading the thread made it worse, then hitting the chocolateee ddidn't help either.... still have over 14 days to wait. Have a feeling its gonna be a long 14 days eek.gif.

I can't wait either, I have test packed the bike 2 times already to make sure I am happy with the way it all goes on leaving here friday the 9th in to cody monday afternoon thumbsup.gifclap.gif

Everyone be SAFE out there

Paul Mihalka

I'm really happy and excited, as for about two month it was in the air if I will make it or not.

I leave earlier then most, next Saturday, 7/3, from work. The way I like to go, it will be the looong way. How about Maryland to Cody via Vancouver?

This weekend the bike gets service and tires. For packing I just pick a few of this and a few of that out of the closet.

For the trip I invested in a new (just recently came out) Jacket. It is the First Gear Kilimandjaro Air. Outer jacket is hip length, mostly mesh with armor. Inner jacket is wind/waterproof, lightly insulated. With that and Gerbing, I should be ok from 40 to 90+.

This is about as much "jabber" as you get from me. I'd like to shut up and start riding away...

Paul, when I told Barbara that you WERE coming to Cody she sure smiled. When I asked her why she was smiling so big she said, "because I will know someone at the your rally". I strongly suspect that before the Rally ends Barbara will have lots and lots of new friends. I'll have to warn you all that Barbara is a hugger. Paul, we fly to Salt Lake the same day that you start your ride. See you there. Some day maybe I hope to be riding fast enough to follow in your tracks.

For some reason I keep thinking that we'll see Kathy R. as she rides through Logan. If Barbara and I see a lady on an RT with Illinois plates, I do intend to ask her if she is Kathy.

See you all there. I'm excited to finally meet and thank all those who have helped me on this board so much, and I am FLYING -- not even riding there welcome.gifwelcome.gifwelcome.gif

Stan Compton

I will be leaving Friday, July 2, for Durango, CO where I will meet up with an old friend who will be coming from Midland, TX. We will spend six days together riding in the four corners area before I head on up to Cody.

The bike is serviced, washed, waxed, and ready to go. The last week is always the hardest. confused.gif

I will be leaving Durango, CO Sunday morning of July 11 and will spend that night in Rock Springs, WY. The next day I will continue on to Cody via Jackson Hole, Grand Tetons, and Yellowstone. I would be pleased to have someone to ride with from Durango to Cody. cool.gif

I am so ready to go. I was going to leave home July 10th, but now I am going to head out on the 7th and go up through Utah and Idaho and then zig East through Montana to Cody arriving Sunday or Monday.

If Barbara and I see a lady on an RT with Illinois plates, I do intend to ask her if she is Kathy.

Look for the following: welcome.gif

Dark Blue 2002

Black Kilamanjaro pants and jacket (or silver if it's hot)

Black helmet with bright orange sticker on the front and back telling Good Samaritan's to leave my helmet on (I'm a realist) and Fernando's little white reflective squares in a kind of skunk pattern. eek.gif

I may not have the prettiest helmet, but y'all shore as heck know it's me!!! grin.gif And my plate frame says "Kathy - Paper Butt Assoc" WHOO HOO!

Oh and ask anyone if I hug? Anyone whose met me...cripes at Gunnison I was hugging "strangers" as long as they were coming into the campground on bikes. I figured they HAD to be my friends. clap.gif

Planes, bikes, cars, buggies...who cares how we all arrive...as long as we do safely. I can't believe I missed UN 2. TIGTBSMF!!

Yeeha! Stephen

I'm headed out of DFW on Friday the 9th. Will be in Paonia for the TOR Rally Saturday. Up in the air on whether I'll stay Sunday night or leave for Cody Sunday A.M.

If I stay and leave Monday A.M., I've got to hustle up about 600mi to meet Miss Vicki's plane that evening. Otherwise, I could piddle up two 300mi days if I leave Sunday A.M.

Probably won't make that decision till I see what kind of fun we're havin' at TOR.

Riding the Bear Tooth Tuesday, so see ya Monday evening or Tuesday morning for sure.

I'm already packed, re-packed, & re-packed, & re-packed... tongue.gif

Didn't ever unpack from our scrubbed trip to Torrey. bncry.gif

Kathy...

Need to jabber?....h*ll ya!! grin.gifclap.gif

Go the scoot all broken in, the seat is back from "Rocky" Mayer. All the electrical gear installed and working!!

BTW, DO NOT ever change bikes in the middle of a riding season, what a PITA getting all aspects of the new bike to your liking while under a deadline.

Gonna run the bike all weekend since Barb is working, and I am NOT (finally)!!! thumbsup.gif

Might even make it to Betty's for some bike chatter this weekend to help alleviate this nervous, excitement building up.

Since we are two up, we are gonna try someone else's idea and ship one box UPS to the Carriage House a week ahead of time. It will contain lots of stuff not needed out or back, and a refill of clothing to swap out. Also lots of warm stuff for the cold mountain riding.

Since we are staying all the time in one place, and radiating our rides from Cody, this UPS idea should just be great.

Since we are riding in via South Dak., probably riding out the Northern route through Teddy Roosevelt Park in N. Dak.(especially if it's hot), and then visit relatives in Fargo (ya sure) on the way home.

I'm gonna be making our list for packing the bike, and also the UPS box this weekend. To make it feel closer, our UPS box will probably be sent out to Cody...oh, in about another week!!!! clap.gif

If you guys see a dark blue ST13 in front of the Carriage House #23, stop by and say hi! If we don't answer the door however after a couple knocks, remember this is only 2 weeks away from our 30th wedding anniversary!!!! grin.gif

'Nuff Said?

Would you people PLEASE quieten down!! Some of us have a lot of work (and some riding) to be done before we can leave.

Let's see, left case packed with the same repair/cold/rainy weather stuff all the time. Add a couple o' shirts, underwear and pants; a coat, shoes and shaving kit and I'm ready to go.

Should take 1 hr in the morning July 9th.

Back to work. Work, work, work.

Mike Cassidy

Joe Frickin' Friday
Oh and ask anyone if I hug? Anyone whose met me...cripes at Gunnison I was hugging "strangers" as long as they were coming into the campground on bikes. I figured they HAD to be my friends. clap.gif

I remember meeting you at the A&W. I introduced myself: "Hi, I'm Mitch Patrie." You shook my hand and kinda smiled at me like "oh, uh, ok..." and then I said "Joe Frickin' Friday," and after a scream of recognition you just about tackled me to the ground with a hug! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Kathy ...

I know exactly what you mean. I head out two weeks from tomorrow. And between then and now I have a ton of things to do at work ... so it is good for me that I have two weeks to get all the stuff done.

I don't want to hijack this thread ... but any of you out there in CyberSpace use Helen 2 Wheels bags, specifically the larger one, send me a private message telling me how you secure it to the bike and specifically the luggage rack on a RT. Seems like it hangs down over the edges.

But back to the topic...I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. This will be my first gathering with you all, and I want you to know I have very high expectations as I've heard great things.

I have very high expectations as I've heard great things.

Gawd, now we're in real trouble. Somebody's coming with high expectations!

Anybody want to break the news to Tom of Omaha?

Les is more

Time is growing short and the list of things left to do is growing long. tongue.gif

Jamie and I will be arriving in Cody a couple of days early to clear up last minute details and play tourist.

We're hoping that as many of you as can will join us Monday evening at the Ponderosa Campground for greetings, hugs and no host pizza. We'll probably be there mid-late afternoon. We're staying in one of the camping cabins.

See all y'all in Cody!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Wow! I've been gone for the past 2 weeks (ridin' the Smokies) and I'll never catch up on all the posts. I'll be leaving some of the gear packed. No camping for me, I've had a room reserved months ago at the Carriage House for Sunday through Wednesday night. I'll be coming through da U.P., the southern end of the Big Lake scares me. tongue.gif

Fresh tires arriving next week.....

13 days and counting..... thumbsup.gif

Dances With Roads

Kathy

Meeting Steve Kolseth (Grey Dog) on the Columbia the morning of the fifth, and head off to Colorado where we will meet up with Darmahman for some mountain riding. Probably at TOR Friday and up to the UN Monday, have camping reservation at the Ponderosa on the river. I have never been to Cody and I have heard so much about those roads. thumbsup.gif

I just heard that Colorado is the greenest in years - (remember how dry it was at Gunnison?) - can't wait to see it!!

you just about tackled me to the ground with a hug!

Ok, JFF, this time you'd better brace yourself real good! grin.gif

Oh, Tom - I love a good hi-jack... welcome.gif....I'd suggest you are overstuffing the bag? Put less in it and fold the opening down more maybe, all the while following Helen's method for compressing the bag? Talk to Helen. She'll straighten you out. blush.gifgrin.gif

Goodness, I can't wait to see you all. welcome.gif I'll be coming up from Vegas with Brian T and Meghan. We should be in Jackson WY Sunday night.

Mark Tuttle

What was planned as a threesome is now a onesome due to attrition, and so I think I'll leave four or five days early and meander around on my way north and arrive in Cody on Sunday at the Carriage House.

Ok, I went to the book store today to get a newer less beat up set of maps. I came away with a giant book..in Enlarged Scale. Neat.

What I've done in the past is rip the pages out and use them. Then it dawned on me to just make photo copies of pages from a map book and simply hi-lite the routes I'll be on. After I'm done with those photo copies I toss them.

I've spent the evening studying the state of Nevada, Utah, Western Colorado, SE Idaho and all of Wyoming. I feel like a 4th grader craming for a test.

Mark Tuttle

I've spent the evening studying the state of Nevada, Utah, Western Colorado, SE Idaho and all of Wyoming. I feel like a 4th grader craming for a test.

Better study hard and do well, or no pizza for you wink.gif

Oh, yeah . . . maps. I guess I'd better go find some maps or something. I'm so fired up about leaving that my RT and I are all ready to go, but I don't have any maps.

I think I'd be able to find Cody even without a single stinkin map. My RT knows how to find y'all better than my bad navigation skills can. I don't think I'm even going to pick a route out until an hour into my ride 10 days and 3 hours and five or six minutes from now. Perhaps I'll just head north for a bit and then zig-zag east for a while. My RT will take me to the place where there be hugs and friends.

I can't wait to get there and see all my old friends and all the new ones too. clap.gif

Think my RT is ready? Just check out this picture of fresh new rubber I slipped onto my baby's spare wheel last night! There's something extra sweet about new rubber for a long trip. thumbsup.gif

368063-Babysnewshoe.JPG.df6c141c8800b09ca6d0582aa2f9f1f6.JPG

Me - last night - NO sleep. Kept thinking of things to add to the already stuffed bags (at least I've done some packing in my head). Actually started making a list in the dark so I wouldn't forget all the things I don't have room for and won't really need. dopeslap.gif

After a trip down to Cherokee, NC, I'm off to Cody. Look for the green RT, blue/silver Savanah suit, VA plates, & ugly yellow helmet! welcome.gif This will be my first UN so you all have to be nice (sort of).

Then, it's off to Spokane. Maybe I should check-out those multi-day undies you saw at REI. eek.gif

Can't wait to meet you all! clap.gif

Cheers and safe travels,

KT

excited? i'm pumped...

I'm 5 hours from home and have a long list of stuff that needs to be done (and can't do them), most important i think i need to do a Sync , lile now has 2900km and the last 500 had some vibes in the right handle bar... thought it was much smoother when it was new. so its gonna be rushed next week, but i should be able to get it done...

hugs? santa never complains...

You will all be glad to hear that I have washed my riding jacket for Cody. It is amazing how bad the road smells when it is highly concentrated in the threads of one's jacket. The red is more red than orange now.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

aM gETTING nEW rear Avon Azaro 46ST on the rear and primed to ride to Cody after Paonia. Will be pulling into Cody sometime on Sunday (after 600 miles) and looking for a beer grin.gif

Will stay until Tuesday early am and head back to Des Muwah.

Looking forward to seeing all my friends again..it's been TOOOOOO long

Blessings all over ya: clap.gifthumbsup.gif

PhillyFlash
I've spent the evening studying the state of Nevada, Utah, Western Colorado, SE Idaho and all of Wyoming.

Don't forget about Montana. You'll spend one day up on the Beartooth, just north of Cody. I don't think you'll be going to Colorado this trip.

Other than that, chatter chatter chatter chatter chatter.......

You will all be glad to hear that I have washed my riding jacket for Cody Yes, we are glad to hear that -- but what about your socks!!! blush.gif

[/hijack]

Spending the days in the garage, hooking up the Autocom at long last, and maybe grin.gif some new lights. I have new gloves to try out when it gets cold, and a new map of Wyoming, and I've waxed my Buddy three times so the bugs will all slide off... clap.gifclap.gif

Fresh synthethic oil in all the places oil should be, the shock install get fixed tomorrow, and I think maybe a new Avon on the front Saturday. thumbsup.gif

Kathy, should I bring some Pinot and dark chocolate??? grin.gif

Kathy, should I bring some Pinot and dark chocolate???

YES !!!!!

Don't forget about Montana.

OKEEDOKEE

It is amazing how bad the road smells when it is highly concentrated in the threads of one's jacket.

If you lived in the midwest you could ride in a rainstorm...atleast that is what my ChiTownCrew taught me grin.gif

hugs? santa never complains...

UN's are all about HUGS thumbsup.gif

Blessings all over ya:

I'm so glad you are going to make it, even if it's for a bit

This will be my first UN so you all have to be nice (sort of).

The UN is all about nice

I think I'd be able to find Cody even without a single stinkin map.

I'll never forget getting closer to Torrey the first time. Finding Ron B and teaming up for the last 100 miles or so...and as we were stopped for gas...two RT's went by...and we knew...they were with us.

THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!

simply hi-lite the routes I'll be on.
Heck, I think we hi-lited all of ours in JANUARY. (No, we're not over anticipating this trip or anything...)

I don't get excited easily, but this Un-Rally Thing really got me buzzing. The rooms in the house are littered with stuff to pack. I have a spreadsheet that details the sequence of packing into no less then 8 different locations:

Fairing compartment,

Tank Bag uppper

Tank Bag lower,

Tank Bag Map holder

Baggage Roll,

Top Case

and two side cases.

I bought compression bags, tent, sleeping bag pots and pans,

some new clothing, Garmin GPS, portable radio.....well you get the picture.

Leaving from Toronto on the sixth and taken the Ferry in Muskegon MI to Milwaukee WI on the 7th and then full speed to Cody.

Can't wait to see you all for the first time, hopefully Sunday night (if my butt can handle the 'comfort seat').

Watch for a Silver Streak (no not may hair!) dopeslap.gif

Jurgen

hermes:

okay so you don't have silver hair, i think almost all must have a few strands of silver..., or in some cases not much hair at all... thats why we post such nice pictures of ourselves from 30 yrs ago....

so how do we know its really you??? or will you be wearing the red serge?

Wo der Anstand beginnt, mussen die Haare wiechen...

c.l.

(No, we're not over anticipating this trip or anything...)
Another photo to get people even MORE excited...

btpan.jpg

This is looking west over Badger Basin to the Beartooth mountains.

Are we ready?

clap.gif

The easy part is over. The bike is serviced, new tires last week, bags packed and on. Now for the hard part, having to try to concentrate at work until my 3:00 pm departure.

Everyone have a fun, safe ride and I will see you in Cody!

I'm so GREEN WITH ENVY !!!

Have fun folks and I'm really looking forward to some pictures !!!!!!!!

I hope you have not only a safe ride but a ride full of good memories. thumbsup.gif

Claus,

the Mounty is my son, he graduated last year in Regina and is now beating the bushes in Burnaby, BC (that's why I am including a trip to Vancouver).

I do have a few grey ones, bncry.gif

Jurgen

(No, we're not over anticipating this trip or anything...)
Another photo to get people even MORE excited...

btpan.jpg

This is looking west over Badger Basin to the Beartooth mountains.

Are we ready?

clap.gif

Sean,

I got really bad news. I can't go.....

I'm KIDDING! grin.gif

I was busy today - putting on a new set of MEZ6 and packing all my stuff. (Like always - you pack what you don't need and you forget what you need).

I will leave tomorrow morning that will give me some time to discover the beautiful landscape of the northern states where I've never been before.

See you guys at Cody and Spokane.

Uli

Dances With Roads

OKOKOK!

Leaving solo Monday to Ft. Collins. Haven't done a solo for a while and lookin foreward to it. Family stuff been intense and looking for some soothing miles... maybe some night rides under a waning moon would do. cool.gif Should be in Cody Monday.

Gonna be great to meet everyone and I can't wait!! welcome.gif

Just got the card down to $0 so I guess I"m feelin froggy.

I'm dancin in my pants! Someone hose me down!!

Paul Mihalka

I am at work. Bike is outside, all packed, ready to roll. This afternoon, as early as possible, I'm gone.

Off to Cody! (The looong way smile.gif)

Archived