IGNORED

Anyone using the stock BMW PTT Switch?

ElJefe

So I found a stock BMW PTT switch, part number 99 99 0 000 193 on their website.

1) Does this mount to a R1200RT handlebar OK?

2) What does it take to integrate this into an Autocom or Baehr two-way-radio setup?

So I found a stock BMW PTT switch, part number 99 99 0 000 193 on their website.

1) Does this mount to a R1200RT handlebar OK?

2) What does it take to integrate this into an Autocom or Baehr two-way-radio setup?

The BMW PTT switch is made by J@M,,Was used on the LT..Yes you can splice it into the auto com,,It mounts in the mirror hole on the control handel,,You can get it at J@M,Maybe cheaper!!! thumbsup.gif

Jeff if you want the PTT Police switch, you'll need to order part number 61 31 7 688 766. You'll get a switch, bracket and harness that it bolts right up to the R12RT.

large.jpg

81332549.jpg

Jeff if you want the PTT Police switch, you'll need to order part number 61 31 7 688 766. You'll get a switch, bracket and harness that it bolts right up to the R12RT.

Nice touch, with PN's & photos. Very nice.

I got the PN I gave out of a BMW pdf of accessories I downloaded. It looks like it fits right into the aesthetics of the bike. The police version looks stout, like it was made for military use (or certainly close). I was hoping to get the slick-looking one I found & use it with my choice of radios. Can that be done?

If no - does the police one work with any radio? It plugs into the bike...then what? Terminate back by the seat somewhere for the police motorola radios?

The 61 31 7 688 766 switch is a weather sealed momentary, should be adaptable to almost any PTT. You can also get two and three switch variants for the lower switch bracket, plus one that rests on top vs. the bottom.

While I'm not familiar with the J&M switch, I can tell you that the low mounted "police" switch is fairly discrete.

I got the PN I gave out of a BMW pdf of accessories I downloaded. It looks like it fits right into the aesthetics of the bike.
Can you post the picture or send me the pdf: rjs {{at}} moonset.ca ?

Sent you an em. Whole pdf is 33MB. I'll try to attach an image of the relevant page here.

?action=view&current=PTT.jpg

This appears on page 99 of the catalog. I tried to download the catalog from Max BMW but it kept failing, so I googled it & found it off some unknown site.

The PTT switch also appears on page 97 where it specifically states K1200LT & R1200CL application.

Just wondering if this would work on the R1200RT?

I don't know what you did wrong. Did it show up correctly in the preview? I have had similar problems.

Anyway, that seems to be a much more attractive button, and I can see why you like it.

John Bentall

I never got the choice of PTT because I had my Autocom installed at the factory. But the Autocom PTT does have the choice of VOX-activation , PTT or constant transmit for giving rider-to-rider instruction.

I have my Autocom PTT mounted through the left-hand mirror hole (so that it is more discreet) rather than around the handlebar.

I have my Autocom PTT mounted through the left-hand mirror hole (so that it is more discreet) rather than around the handlebar.

This is the 2nd time I've heard the "through the mirror hole" description used. Can you post a photo to show me what it looks like? (note: don't use my photo posting skills! dopeslap.gif

Archived