IGNORED

New Member Intro

blazer

Hi everyone! Just wanted to take a second to introduce my self. I just became the proud owner of a never titled 06 RT after trading in my 06 GT (needed different ergos).

I have been riding most of my life except for a 6 yr hiatus that ended 2 yrs ago. I like to mostly tour. My wife just got her endorsement and occasionally rides with me on her Burgman. I do try to ride year round as long as there is not ice on the roads.

Anyway, glad to be here.

B-

Wow...traded an 06 GT for an 06RT. HIJACK TIME grin.gif Both bikes are on my short list for a possible purchase next year. What do you like about the RT more than the GT?

WElcome by the way. This board will save you a lot of time and money wrenching

then you will waste a lot of time hanging out here thumbsup.gif

Good for those Wisconsin winters eek.gif

Welcome to the Land of Odd but usable information. I also have an 06 RT and wait til that baby breaks in. You will love it. Oh, and start shopping for a new seat.

Bruce

Wow...traded an 06 GT for an 06RT. HIJACK TIME grin.gif Both bikes are on my short list for a possible purchase next year. What do you like about the RT more than the GT?

WElcome by the way. This board will save you a lot of time and money wrenching

then you will waste a lot of time hanging out here thumbsup.gif

Good for those Wisconsin winters eek.gif

Thanks for the welcome.

To answer your question, I traded the GT primarily for the change in ergos. I needed a more upright riding position. Yes the GSA has it, but I also wanted something that was still a bit on the sporty side AND that Mrs. Blazer could ride pillion comfortably on.

The GT has gobs of power and turns like it is on rails. It is a hell of a bike! I did a lot of research and picked it over the FJR. I think the BMW hit it out of the park on that one. It just didn't fit me that well. Incidentally, I am 6'1" 230 lbs. My problem was my knees. Your feet are tucked under you more, and I had to use more of my legs to keep the weight off my wrists. My (bad) knees just couldn't take it.

HTH,

B-

Archived