IGNORED

Ok, so it's not a GS....

Matts_12GS

But it is my new (to me) 2006 DL1K!

It was fairly cheap after all and helped get the cruiser out of my garage. So there.

Say hello to Juan_Que! (1K... get it?)

VP564947_2.jpg

More pictures to come once I get it home.

Firefight911

Very nice, Matt!! Congrats on your new Willy Wonky or whatever your calling her!

Psst, keep it away from DannyBoy!! wink.gifwink.gif

Well the first 100 miles is done today and while still adjusting some of the bits on it, I am happy with what I did.

Power, no problem. Power wheelies, problem till I practice more (flame away if you must wave.gif).

I think the biggest thing I've found is that I can't ride the big V like the 650. It isn't as happy revving, it likes to use the torque down low to move itself along so short shifting is to be a new norm. Besides, revving the motor like I did the 650 is taking it's toll at the pump, but it's danged fun to do. Twist=go in everything but the overdriven 6th gear (then above 65 or so).

My Sargent seat from the 650 works on the bike as does the MadStad windshield mounts. Unfortunately my Givi racks won't fit on the beast. So, 650 owners, they're listed in the classifieds cheap, I'll get more from CA Sport Touring when I order the heated grips and stuff.

That's why I was trying hard to spin the trail wings today.

Maybe I'll teach you how to do a wheelie!

Hey Matt, Congrats, I see you have a Givi windscreen. Helps the buffeting problem? It did on my 650. I think if they made it a bit wider that would solve the problem.

The longest ride I did was 350 miles. Beat me to a pulp.

Great bikes though.

ISYHTRAH

When you put a set of man-tires on it, I'll help you with a "real" ride.

163490617-L.jpg Danny , you need to take that thing to another stream crossing to wash it off.

lurker.gif

Danny , you need to take that thing to another stream crossing to wash it off.

Funny you should say that.

The wife & I will be up there week after next.

And yes, Ima gonna cross it again. grin.gif

Danny , you need to take that thing to another stream crossing to wash it off.

Funny you should say that.

The wife & I will be up there week after next.

And yes, Ima gonna cross it again. grin.gif

Danny, you want me to tell her where to stand to take the best pics of you stuck in that hole again? lmao.giflmao.giflurker.gif

Wyn,

The tall screen is ok when it comes to weather protection, but, if you're having issues with buffeting, go here and get one of these. You'll be happy.

grizzly660fan

got a wee strom in our stable and agree 100% with the madstad bracket. still got the stock screen and liking it since we got the madstad. not sure why, but the thing works!

Garry

Matts_12GS

The MadStad is quality kit for sure. I just like the adjustability. I wish SuziQ had done the thing right in the first place though!

I added a Givi windshield for a little extra protection when it turns cold, but that's it. Oh, and heated grips... And hand guards...

The Vee is a load of fun and is still very different from the wee. I hope my wife decides she wants to ride the wee strom instead of something else so I can keep it around!

Archived