IGNORED

RTP side marker light

Officer_Impersonator

Officer_Impersonator

I need to replace a side marker light on my '02 RTP. It's mounted on the side of the radio box, towards the front of the box. I've checked Max's parts fiche and it doesn't appear to be a BMW part. It's likely produced by the aftermarket supplier of the RTP-specific equipment. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can track down a replacement part for this? I need the entire lens/reflector/bulb/plug/connector assembly.

I've contacted the dealer in Post Falls, Idaho that originally sold the bike, but I don't have high expectations that they'll be able to tell me anything.

Would it help if I posted a photo of what I'm talking about?

Officer_Impersonator

I've heard from the dealer! They have several different styles they've used, so I need to send in a photo so they can see what type I need.

If anyone ever needs a BMW dealer in Post Falls, Idaho - Beaudry Motorsports provides prompt and courteous customer service!

It's probably made by Whelen . They're a wholesaler, so you'll have to find a online retailer to sell you the part, after you identify with with Whelen. I believe the "standard" light sets for these bikes came from Whelen, but I imagine the local department could have purchased and added on from other third party suppliers.

Officer_Impersonator
It's probably made by Whelen . They're a wholesaler, so you'll have to find a online retailer to sell you the part, after you identify with with Whelen. I believe the "standard" light sets for these bikes came from Whelen, but I imagine the local department could have purchased and added on from other third party suppliers.

Now that's a cool website! I could really cause trouble if I added all those red and blue lights to my bike!

I doubt the amber side lights are Whelen. Some may be but I know mine aren't. I would try a truck facility for the side radio box lights. At least the ones on my RTP remind me of truck side turn lights.

ALSO

I'm adding some of these to my bike.

http://www.whelen.com/details_prod.php?head_id=12&cat_id=74&prod_id=135

Red marker with 9 LEDs

and

http://www.whelen.com/details_prod.php?head_id=12&cat_id=74&prod_id=119

the BTT version of the above. PN 50R00XRR and the 5FLANGEB mtg flange.

The day I picked my bike up there was anther rider at the dealership about to disembark on a 48 states in 10 days road trip. He had 2002 RTP (about 150kmi) with the same brake lights I was already planing on installing. Seeing his setup only made me more eagar to procede with my plans. Looked just like a cop, especially since he still had the blue marker lights.

Archived