IGNORED

Shouldn't label on Autocom Pro 7 be damaged if USA opened it to check it?

KDeline

I was told by Autocom USA that my Pro 7 is burnt out, there was a lot of burned circuits, to much and to hard to repair. I had the unit sent back but there is no label damage, aren't the screws to open it up under the label, and how did they open it up to know there is damage? I refuse to beleive they would put on a new label on the non working unit. Before I go off half cocked I would like to know if I am being overly suspicious about this. I don't think it was even looked at. BTW if you followed my other post, they said there is no problem with my new Pro rider avi, of course I get it back and still does not work for me, so now its for sale.

I am the last one to defend Autocom, but maybe they plugged it in and found that it was just plain dead. It's kind of like a cheap watch or camera - there's not much to an Autocom, and it's probably easier to replace rather than repair, from their perspective.

John Bentall

If you really, really, really want the low-down on what is wrong with it, how it probably got into its current state and cost to replace, then send the unit to the UK factory for the attention of Doug Sant. Better to clear this course of action with the UK via e-mail first though.

Archived