IGNORED

Mounting Givi topbox on KRS

Moosedog

Givi does not show a mounting plate on their website for an 02 KRS but I have seen pic's of them here and at other sites of topboxes mounted on the KRS. Can someone tell me how it is accomplished? I have a topbox already and a universal mounting plate I use on my Concours. Do I just need the BMW luggage rack? Thanks.

RL Accessories lists the F680 to fit the K1200RS for $129. That's the part number listed by GiVi and what's on mine.

RL, especially Richard the elder, are really great people. Call them on the phone at 229-228-0253 for all the help you'd ever want.

Best wishes.

These are the folks to whom Dick refers.

http://www.rlmotorcycles.com/home/

You can either get an adapter plate, mount that to the stock BMW rear rack, and add GIVI, not my suggestion as it looks bad and has a lower wieght limit, or

add the GIVI mounting system with siderail and their rear luggage rack. That's what I use, and what I recommend.

Looks better, is much stronger and more versatile, and carries more weight.

wave.gif

Tell Richard that Tim in Tallahassee sent you, he'll only mark your prices up 200% if you do. dopeslap.giflmao.gif

I have a givi box on my rs its mounted on the givi rack thats on bars for the 02 rs if you are going to Wi. bmwmoa givi will be there

Archived