IGNORED

06 R1200RT

BruceWA

Firefight911

Yes . . .

You will more than likely end up with a case of Perma Grin.

Beware, be very aware!!! Carry Chap Stick!

Other than that, a little maintenance to learn so you can keep your hard earned money to yourself and you are off and running!

Did I forget anything????

Oh yea!! Farkles are good!! tongue.gifthumbsup.gifgrin.gif

I it is tall and a little top heavy.

If you let your bikes sit (shame) you'll need a battery charger.

Great bike feet up.

The seat is awful (but fixable) and its R2D2 brakes suck (not fixable), but otherwise the 06 RT is a big winner!

Get a fuzz buster. This is one fast bike, especially if you keep your rpm's at 4k or above.

The horn sucks and needs to be replaced. It is soooo wimpy, you will be embarrassed the first time you use it. When you hear it you will look around and say, "That wasn't me. I swear."javascript:void(0)

Dr J

Get a fuzz buster. This is one fast bike, especially if you keep your rpm's at 4k or above.

The horn sucks and needs to be replaced. It is soooo wimpy, you will be embarrassed the first time you use it. When you hear it you will look around and say, "That wasn't me. I swear."javascript:void(0)

Dr J

Unless it's an early '06 production bike. In that case, be sure and test the horn in an enclosed garage. Then be prepared to launder your shorts.

Unless it's an early '06 production bike. In that case, be sure and test the horn in an enclosed garage. Then be prepared to launder your shorts.

True dat. Last night my wife pushed the horn button on my 05 RT while we were in the garage. We both about jumped out of our skin. That baby is really LOUD!!

BTW- I don't have any problems with the R2D2 servo brakes. I don't find them grabby. One minor issue is that they don't work when the bike is off, so if you are rolling out of a parking spot or moving the bike while it is not running you really have to pull the levers much harder than normal. The brakes still work, it's just a much different feel.

Mike

I love the horn and the brakes on my 05 RT. I transitioned to the RT from Harleys and the brakes and horns are great. I especially like the stopping power and the synchronization.

Draftermike

Funny how opinions vary on seats. I traded for my '06' at a dealership 1,000 miles away last month and had a pleasant two day ride back. Seat is fine by me. Love the brakes. Hated the horn, but now it's in a box in the basement. I've only put 4K on it since picking it up, but it seems the closest bike I've ever had to being without design flaws. Oh yea, a top case was needed in my opinion, or something besides the saddle bags that are very roomy but being clam shell can be awkward for general use.

Archived