IGNORED

cure for monkey butt

barncobob

SAAB93driver

My ACE Hardware of all places carries it for $4.99 a pack. Good stuff, but will turn your underware pink.

SAAB93driver
but will turn your underware pink.

Like your underwear isn't pink when you put it on smirk.gif

On a good day that is the only color it is. smirk.gif

Some years ago picked up a tip from an ISDE rider, Bag Balm. Works very well, at least for off road "applications". Never tried it for street riding.

grin.gif

grin.gif

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

I've been using it on trips for a couple of years. I think it certainly helps, but I'm not sure that it's any better than any other talcum / baby powder. I just like the name better than the others.

I have found that grocery store corn starch works about the same and for a lot less $$$$. I use the empty monkeybutt canister as a dispenser for the corn starch. thumbsup.gif

I use it. It works for me.

They have eliminated some of the stuff that aids in bacteria growth found in regular powder and added some other goodies.

Placebo?

Maybe.

Great ju-ju IMO.

YMMV.

See how well it keeps the monkey away?

25thAnniversaryNovaScotia320.jpg

I use regular corn starch powder and I wear Under Armour boxers, gym shorts (non cotton) and an under armour loose gear shirt. Then I put my riding gear over it. These have worked well for me.

I spent many years doing long distance bicycle riding and always used "Udder Butter" and it worked great. I now use it for "long" rides on the RT (along with bicycle shorts). You have to buy it at a womens store but I get my wife to do that! Highly recommended.

I've tried the Monkey Butt Powder and several regular talcs but Mexsana medicated powder works noticeably better than anything else for me. It's no miracle cure though...

Some years ago picked up a tip from an ISDE rider, Bag Balm. Works very well, at least for off road "applications". Never tried it for street riding.

yOU aRE cORRECT, sIR..!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gif

ElevenFifty

Bicylcle shorts with the pad removed (seam ripper and 20 minutes work) ... also Wally World sells some 'Athletic Wear' stretch shorts without any padding. I find that the moisture is wicked away and the itchy butt problems are GONE! I won't go on a ride of more than a half hour or so without riding shorts. I also use a wool pad which does promote a little air circulation.

BluesTraveler

Under Armor and Gold Bond powder. Gold Bond also makes an extra (green bottle)strength. Works well but is one of those things after putting it on your not sure if it burns or is awfully cool. So I went back to the normal(gold bottle) Gold Bond.

I use to race a lot of desert and moto-x years ago. Before all the synthetic clothing we use to wear pantyhose under out leathers. Sounds really strange but was amazing how well they worked in keeping the rash down.

Archived