IGNORED

What Does Your Screen Name Mean?

kcscout

kcscout - I live in Kansas City and I named my first car "Scout". It was brown and white - just like Tonto's horse - Scout.

... next ...

Well, before and since I got married, I have noticed how mean and nasty some women are toward the men who CHOSE them. So, my screen name is an everyday reminder that I don't want to be like some of the mean b-words that constantly man-bash. (I hate that!) So there you have it. No, I don't belong to N.O.W! I'm an old fashioned girl. smile.gif I like guns, too!

The Witness Protection folks only gave me 2 choices, Ron B or DavidEBSmith. I thought the latter was kinda goofy, so I picked Ron B.

It's the name given by my Women in the Wind sisters. My other passion is horses...and I'm craaaazy. dopeslap.gif

That, and I think a few of them had just gotten back from Sturgis when it was bestowed upon me. smirk.gif

Mine comes from a song written by BJ Thomas called Happy Man. A song I've always cherished and I made the decision when I was in my early teens that I would live my life with that kind of attitude. I have an incredible wife and my kids remind me daily why life is precious. (I love being a Husband and father!) My life has been blessed and I truly am a Happy Man, it's not just my screen name.

Artist: B.j. Thomas

Album: Happy Man

Lyrics: Happy Man

When I die there won't be much to salvage from my earnings

I never had a lot of land or houses to my name

I've never been a corporate prince on Madison and New York

I never held a diamond in my hand

But I've seen children laughing

As only children can

And I've known my creator

And I've been a happy man

I never really loved the way I saw it in the movies

But I had myself a woman of my own

The place we lived was modest

And we kept the yard together

I never traveled far from my hometown

But I've heard music playing

That made me understand

And touched the hearts of heaven

And I've been a happy man

Life has had it's hard times

When I've felt the chill of winter

I can't forget the night when my sweet Julie slipped away

But growing old is different

Than I always thought it would be

The sweetness of my youth

Just grew with age

'Cause I've known wealth and beauty

Beneath his guiding hand

And knowing soon I'll see him

Has made me a happy man

And knowing soon I'll see him

Has made me a happy man

Mine means that I couldn't think of anything 'original' smirk.gifdopeslap.gif

Apparently we have the same gene for that.

If only I had your photography gene ...

wave.gif

Mine started out as Sasquatch in Basic training and then became Bigfoot at Fort Bragg. They dropped the Big and it became just FOOT, that was 25 years ago.

Alan

Jerry_75_Guy

I'm a guy, my names' Jerry, and I fly, err that is ' flew', 757's,

and, apparently like many others here have admitted, I have little imagination or creativity tongue.gif

How 'bout dem HUSKERS!!!

My bikes at the time that I registered were my favorite shade of red. Husker Red. thumbsup.gif

1098046ExtendedHeadlight(2).jpg

1452761midsizesideview.jpg

baggerchris

Many years ago, I rode in a club where I had the only bagger in a sea of choppers. They would always want me to carry stuff for them. "Give it to "the bagger", and "Baggerchris has the beer"". Later on I built a chopper with a chopped sidecar (for my baby son), but the name stuck.

Bill_Walker

It means I didn't know I could have a space in my screen name.

Or, I just wanted to underscore the fact that I use my real name.

Ooh, I can hear the groans from here!

Fugu is the Japanese word for pufferfish and is also a Japanese dish prepared from the meat of pufferfish (normally species of Takifugu, Lagocephalus, or Sphoeroides) or porcupinefish of the genus Diodon. Because pufferfish is lethally poisonous if prepared incorrectly, fugu has become one of the most celebrated and notorious dishes in Japanese cuisine.

Why it's my screename has more to do with a long semi amusing story than it has to do with anything else. I happened to need a new non-name screen name at the time.

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Vita what?!? Vita Rara??? What is that you're asking.

Well, the story goes a little like this. Quite some time ago I heard this song by Jewel, an anthem, calling out to a generation. It posited a simple theorem:

Lend your voices only to sounds of freedom.

No longer lend your strength to that which you wish to be free from.

Fill your lives with love and bravery and you shall lead... a life uncommon.

The message of this song resonated with me. Such a simple and diginified call, one that made me think very hard about my life and what I was doing.

At the time I was working as a minority partner in a consulting firm. I thought I was working for my freedom and the freedom of everyone I worked with, but after several years I realized those dreams were not going to come true. I had not found the proper vehicle, and I needed to make a change.

Many were the evenings when I would ride home from work, under a dark star strewn sky, and I would hear the words of that song echoing in my head, "lend your voices only to sounds of freedom, no longer lend your strength to that which you wish to be free from..." Such potent and awesome sounds. I realized I was in a situation that I needed to be free from. My goals, life aspirations, and values were not those of my partners. I had to free myself, and stop giving them my life.

That's the background. I'll skip the details in the middle. Suffice it to say I left that job, took a very long motorcycle ride, blew out the cobwebs and realized I needed to chart my own path. I needed to work for myself, start a business and get on with life. I needed a name though, and that's where Vita Rara came from. It is the closest Latin translation I could find for Life Uncommon. Bonus was the domain name was available for the .com, .net, and .org domains. So, I registered them all. Started the business.

Since then I have adopted the name as my nom de Internet. It seems there are few folks running around with Latin phrases for handles on such things as discussion boards and other websites. It's nice to have a consistent handle almost everywhere I go. You should try out the Latin name space. It's pretty empty if you're looking for a handle or a domain name.

I provide a service

Yes. Gleno mentioned how much he like your Az kissin service...

LOL

BTW, "sick, twisted, incorrigible and recalcitrant"; a social worker's diagnosis really...

For "Emergency!" trivia geeks (think Johnny and Roy)! grin.gif

"Squad 51 this is Rampart can you send me an EKG?"

"Roger, Rampart. Squad 51 sending EKG..." thumbsup.gif

banner-guys.jpgbannerdocs.jpg

Archived