IGNORED

R1200rt Mirror Buzzing

cwilliams

I have tryed different rubbers inserts, put washers under post, does not look like it is rubbing on faring and still have buzzing.

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV

I have the same problem--usually when accelerating. Mirrors settle down when I'm cruising 3500-4000RPM. I was thinking about gluing some weight to the back of them--but I don't know if tha that will work--worth a try I guess.

You know, I have noticed that too. My settle as I get to cruising speed. I guess I never paid too much attention since my Harley does the same thing.

Ditto for me. Left is a very good view and the right is a blurring that doesn't settle down.

Bruce

I find it interesting. My left mirror is rock solid, but my right mirror has quite a bit of vibration.

roadrider3

My left mirror was buzzing so bad that below 3000 rpm it was unusable. I went to the dealer and they said it was the nature of the beast. Well I decided to fix it myself, here is the solution. Go to home depot and purchase Velcro squares, under $4.00. Remove mirror and put these squares on outer edge of mirror frame, put mirror on and shaking and buzzing are totally gone. I placed these strips on the 3 outer edges top, side and bottom, probasbly a more securely mounted mirror now.

Why are folks riding under 3000 rpm? Every BMW sales & tech guy has recommended riding at the beginning of the power band, which is around 4500 on the hexhead engines.

AdventurePoser

Funny you mention this...I've never noticed it. I'm gonna check it out next time I ride!

Steve

roadrider3

I am not riding below 3000 rpm but I start out there and when in traffic and cars are creeping along real slow, there isn't much choice. Besides when my engine is cold, I refuse to rev it up to high the oil flows to slowly.

Archived