IGNORED

'02 RT needs a tank bag

Officer_Impersonator

Officer_Impersonator

Suggestions? Recommendations?

I don't need a really big bag - an elegant mounting system that protects the paint finish would be ideal...

The bike is bright white, so I think I'd like an all-black bag.

Couchrocket

Marsee Corona. If you like small and compact, look at the "Ciao Borsa". Very elegant mounting, no touchie the paint at all, easy removal for gas, bike doesn't have a gobs of ugly hardware exposed when bag not in use. Downside, "spendy"

corona_detail4.jpg

Link to Marsee

No connections other than I have two of them, one "wired" w/ autocom and all the other touring crap, the other the Ciao Borsa for normal putting about.

Yeah, those little swingy things are cute but some of us carry all sorts of really important heavy stuff in our tank bags. I got a few liters of water in mine for those desert crossings. I liked the Held bag that finally crapped after 3 years of service. Trying to like the Marsee I won at a rally. Prefer a one compartment style rather than multiple pocket designs. thumbsup.gif

Officer_Impersonator

I've been talking with Mark at Big Mak and this is the way to go. He's a nice guy, owns an RT himself, and has been very fair with the way he's made suggestions and recommendations.

Without having received the product, I still give him and his company a rave review.

I'll let you know how the bag works out!

Couchrocket

Yeah, those little swingy things are cute but some of us carry all sorts of really important heavy stuff in our tank bags

Uh, you mean, uh, something like this 20 liter jobber?

tankbag_CoronaBMW20.jpg

My "swingy little thing" is for when I don't have "big important, heavy, thngs" to carry in my tank bag. lmao.gif

SteveSardone

y'all might also look at the bags connection bags. They have a ring simlar to marsee that screws to the gas cap ring and the bags easily disconnect. They also just came out with an electric version. I purchased the parts and now my bag has two plugs inside to charge phone or whatever. Bag still just unclips from tank for fueling up or whatever.

Steve

I made a mistake, I gots a RKA. No matter. It's so hard to let go of the gotta have at rally stuff. Rubber chickens, instruction manual for the GPS,plastic foot for the side stand, 2 quarts of oil,cable lock to keep the 'Stitch' at the bike...etc.

Is there a therapy group for can't let go other than Barley therapy??? dopeslap.gif

Archived