IGNORED

Zumo / Treo / iPod / CB / Radar / B2B / XM / FRS / ???

ElJefe

I've read up on various posts & am more confused than when I started. Here's what I want to do - can someone explain how to do this?

1) Garmin Zumo 550 for GPS Duty

2) Same Zumo for XM

3) Pillion Intercom

4) iPod

4a) when not using iPod, MP3's from Zumo for shorter trips

5) CB for bike to bike, or when with a different group,

5a) FRS / GMRS

5b) Would love for both the above to use the BMW PTT button PN 99 99 0 000 193

6) Treo 650 (Cingular) integration

7) Valentine 1 Radar into headset as well

OK, I think that's it! dopeslap.gif

I understand an Autocom or Baehr will likely be required. I already own the Zumo & the CB (Midland HT) - although I could use some pointers on mounting the CB besides throwing it into the tankbag - but mounting is easy compared to my confusion at wiring all this up!! confused.gif

I don't see the need to have both iPod and Zumo MP3 at the same time, just like I don't see the need to have CB & FRS/GMRS at the same time. But I would like the option depending on what type of trip I'm going to do.

So, BMWST Gurus, what should newbie do?

Thanks all

John Bentall

Since we don't use CB in the UK I am not going to fully reply to this thread. I don't use speed detection either.

However I would advise a professional installation by a Autocom dealer as there is an awful lot of kit to integrate.

I would recommend being CRYSTAL CLEAR in your own mind when you go to the dealer what the priorities for the inputs should be. For example should the Valentine 1 mute the GPS?, should the Valentine 1 mute an incoming cell-phone call?, should the bike to bike mute the Valentine 1?, should the bike-to-bike mute the GPS etc, etc?

If you're not CLEAR, you will be disappointed.

I have all but items 3 and 5 on a Autocom. My Razr stays in my pocket and talks to the Zumo; the Zumo sees a very inexpensive BT device plugged into the Autocom, and the Autocom thinks it has a phone plugged in, so the phone call part works fine. Zumo is also hardwired to the Autocom for talking GPS instructions and for XM. I also the V1 Audio device plugged in.

Right now I have XM on all the time, and it is interrupted by the phone or GPS talking or the V1. I've never had, to my knowledge, all 3 interrupts happen at the same time, so I don't know what gets prececence.

The intercom cable is already on the Autocom though I don't use it, and there is also an unused cable for FRS which could be used for CB. So it seems you could do what you want.

Bench test before pulling fairings and routing cables....

Per Autocom Web site - here's what the Super Pro AVI can do:

The Super Pro Avi's open system modular design is expand to include:

multiple music sources (up to 2)

multiple cellular phones (up to 2)

multiple bike-to-bike transceivers (up to 2)

unlimited audio sources (including GPS and radar detector)

multiple headsets (up to 3)

in-ear (monitor) speakers

Bluetooth phone receivers

Input Options

Aux 1 Socket

Primary Input: CELLULAR PHONE*

Optional Uses: GPS, radar detector, bike-to-bike, and/or recording device

Expandable for Multiple Inputs: Yes

Override: Inputs on Aux 1 will cut audio from any device connected into Aux 2, Aux 3 and Aux 5 (switchable on/off), plus disable VOX transmit on Aux 4 and 5 (switchable on/off). [some cellular phones may require a hands-free headset adapter.]

Autocom Exclusive Feature: Unique switchable power output for recommended plug-and-play Bluetooth phone modules (optional) can be used and powered directly via this socket

Socket: 3.5mm x 4 pole [3-pole compatible]

[* standard cellular phone lead supplied in kits]

Aux 2 Socket

Primary Input: MP3 STEREO PHONE or SECONDARY STEREO MUSIC DEVICE

Optional Uses: GPS, radar detector, bike-to-bike and/or recording device

Override: Inputs on Aux 2 automatically reduce by 50% when either rider or passenger speaks

Autocom Exclusive Feature: Automatic Volume Control with independent sensor

Socket: 3.5mm x 4 pole [3-pole compatible]

Aux 3 Socket

Primary Input: STEREO MUSIC DEVICE*

Optional Uses: GPS, radar detector nad/or other incoming audio device

Override: Inputs on Aux 3 will automatically reduce by 50% when either rider or passenger speaks

Autocom Exclusive Feature: Automatic Volume Control with independent sensor

Socket: 3.5mm x 4-pole [3-pole compatible]

[* standard portable stereo music source lead supplied in kits]

Aux 4 Socket

Primary Input: GPS and/or RADAR DETECTOR

Optional Uses: Bike-to-bike transceiver* and/or recording device

Override: Inputs on Aux 4 will automatically reduce the volume of any device plugged into Aux 2 or Aux 3 (0%/50% switchable)

Operation: For bike-to-bike use, Aux 4 employs automatic VOX circuitry when connected to a two-way radio that transmits when either rider or passenger speaks. [Optional handlebar-mounted VOX/PTT mode switch overrides the VOX. Ideal for private on-bike conversations as well as PTT use.]

Autocom Exclusive Feature: Advanced VOX circuitry offering tru VOX bike-to-bike performance.

Socket: 3.5mm x 4-pole [NOT 3-pole compatible]

Aux 5 Socket

Primary Input: Bike-to-bike transceivers

Optional Input: GPS, radar detector, and/or recording device

Expandable for Multiple Inputs: No

Override: Inputs on Aux 5 will automatically reduce Aux 2 and Aux 3 signals by 50%

Operation: For bike-to-bike use, Aux 4 employs automatic VOX circuitry when connected to a two-way radio that transmits when either rider or passenger speaks. [Optional handlebar-mounted VOX/PTT mode switch overrides the VOX. Ideal for private on-bike conversations as well as PTT use.]

Autocom Exlusive Feature: Highly specialized power source allows a range of recommended transceivers, to be powered for mile after mile of fuss-free / hands-free VOX-operated bike-to-bike removing the hassle of batteries and chargers.

Socket: 60° 5-pole din plug

Power Interface

Standard Configuration: Bike-based power lead for bike installing the unit (included)

Optional Configuration: Quick disconnect power lead allowing the unit to be power via the bike while be carried in a tank bag or other removable luggage. Ideal for multi-bike owners allowing the unit to be moved from bike to bike while maintaining 12v operation.

Headset Extension Lead Options

Standard Extension Leads: Straight or Coiled

In-Ear (Monitor) Speaker Extension Leads: Straight or Coiled

Sidecar Harness: Straight lead that allows a third headset to be integrated into the system via the unit's passenger headset lead.

Both rider and passenger headsets can participate in cellular phone and bike-to-bike conversations as well as listen to music, GPS and other integrated audio sources.

No affiliation. Active-7-Smart user.

My Razr stays in my pocket and talks to the Zumo; the Zumo sees a very inexpensive BT device plugged into the Autocom, and the Autocom thinks it has a phone plugged in, so the phone call part works fine. Zumo is also hardwired to the Autocom for talking GPS instructions and for XM. I also the V1 Audio device plugged in.

So your phone doesn't physically plug into the Autocom? I thought one of those connections were necessary to allow full interaction. That would be cool - what's the "very inexpensive BT device plugged into the Autocom"??

Yep, got it all going. Autocom Super Pro as described. J&M handlebar CB (just get the solo version as the Autocom will handle the rider/passenger intercom). You'll have two push-to-talks: one on the J&M, one for the FRS. You'll have to get the J&M wiring from me or someone else on the board as J&M won't help, but it absolutely will work.

John Bentall
That would be cool - what's the "very inexpensive BT device plugged into the Autocom"??

A lot of folks use the Motorola HF820. The HF820 has a headphone jack on it that is plugged into the Autocom.

[quote

A lot of folks use the Motorola HF820. The HF820 has a headphone jack on it that is plugged into the Autocom.

So that's to connect the phone to the Autocom using bluetooth? Is that essentially a cheaper version Of This Device?

What are the chances that one of you out there is an anal-retentive engineer (like me) & has already drawn up a wiring diagram of this whole setup?

John Bentall
[quote

So that's to connect the phone to the Autocom using bluetooth? Is that essentially a cheaper version Of This Device?

What are the chances that one of you out there is an anal-retentive engineer (like me) & has already drawn up a wiring diagram of this whole setup?

It is a cheaper version of the #1276 that makes absolutely no claims about being suitable for motorcycle use. Autocom stuff is usually super-rugged and built to last. The #1273 is an Autocom powered version of the #1276.

I bought an HF820-type device to play with - but I would use the Autocom part to instal on the bike.

Archived