IGNORED

Dealer Referral Need - North Carolina

Rocket_Cowboy

Rocket_Cowboy

I'm going to be in North Carolina here in two weeks when my 18K service interval comes due. I'd like to get some positive reviews on dealerships in the area where I might be able to get squeezed in for service on a Saturday (I'll book the service this Tuesday as soon as the shops open), or I'll just ride it back to Dallas and have the service done here at the end of the trip if needed.

The BMW US web site is referring 7 dealers to me for our wrap up in Statesville NC ... two of the shops don't specifically sounds like BMW shops (but they must be or else the BMW website wouldn't refer them). The closest that gives me a warm fuzzy is BMW/Ducati of Charlotte, followed by Greensboro NC, Greensville SC, and Raleigh NC.

Any experiences you guys can share on these four dealers, good or bad, would be greatly appreciated!

Touring Sport BMW in Greenville SC. thumbsup.gif They are a full service dealership. The employees are cycle enthusiasts, not just workers in a cycle related business.

A very positive vote for Greensboro. Raleigh is a good shop but it sounds like it'll be a bit out of your way. There's a place that sells BMW's near Hickory (Extreme powersports or something like that) that you should avoid at all costs.

Rocket_Cowboy
A very positive vote for Greensboro. Raleigh is a good shop but it sounds like it'll be a bit out of your way. There's a place that sells BMW's near Hickory (Extreme powersports or something like that) that you should avoid at all costs.

Thanks Ed. Of course the place in Hickory is the first place that showed up on the list from BMW because of proximity, but the name of the place just didn't sound like the kind of shop I was going to drop the RT off to be serviced.

I do appreciate the positive referrals for Greensboro and Greenville. Raleigh is a little out of the way, but since I was *just* there for work this past week, I'm not against stopping back through there ... particularly for good service.

There's a place that sells BMW's near Hickory (Extreme powersports or something like that) that you should avoid at all costs.

Actually, even though they still show up on BMW's dealer list, Extreme in Hickory is no longer a BMW dealer...

Rocket_Cowboy
There's a place that sells BMW's near Hickory (Extreme powersports or something like that) that you should avoid at all costs.

Actually, even though they still show up on BMW's dealer list, Extreme in Hickory is no longer a BMW dealer...

Much thanks for that info. That's the nail in the coffin for those guys (in my book).

ShovelStrokeEd

Another vote for Touring Sport in Greenville, SC. One of the best of the best. They have been in the biz a long time and understand both the word service and the needs of the touring rider. Say hello to Fast Frank for me.

I've had excellent service experiences at both Touring Sport in Greenville, SC and Carolinas BMW in Charlotte.

I give em both a thumbsup.gif

+1 for Capitol BMW in Raleigh. Very professional shop and showroom. Nice folks. Jon is the Service Manager. He can be reached @ 919.834.5111. They are very busy this time of year, so it would be best to make an appointment.

If you're looking for a Sat. appt. I've never had a problem getting one at Charlotte. So far no problems with their service but I haven't been using them very long.

pedro cerveza
thumbsup.gif for Touring Sport in Greenville. Matt the manager is a great guy. They do quality work & they have loaners available.
Rocket_Cowboy

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Just to follow-up on my thread, I called around today and ended up getting scheduled with BMW of Charlotte. I heard nothing but good things about Charlotte, Greensboro, Greenville, and Raleigh, so felt good going with either of them.

Since I'm coming off a multi-day endurance rally, and need to get the bike cold for the valve check, I decided to start closer to Statesville, and I would spiral outward if Charlotte wasn't able to work me into the schedule. Spoke with Bob today, explained my situation, and he's got me scheduled. Only asked that I let him know if my plans changed and I wouldn't be coming. Fair enough.

I'll follow-up in a different thread with my experiences with Charlotte, but wanted to close off with where I was headed.

Thanks y'all!

Archived