IGNORED

Astoria, OR

Chunky

One of my motorcycle students, Stu, had never been to Astoria until last Tuesday. In my exploration of my new home in Oregon I've been there many times. Iy's a nice 180 mile ride there from Beaverton using back roads to reach Hwy 30 and riding it all the way to Astoria. There are plenty of twisty roads that shoot off this route such as Hwy 47 through Vernonia and Hwy 53 that goes all the way to Tillamook. We stopped at a favorite restaurant, The Berry Patch, in Westport, OR for waffles with berry topping. We finished the tourist portion by heading along the shoreline in Astoria and visiting the Maritime Museum. Stu kept commenting that he had to return and spend more time at each of our stops.

Astoria_1.jpg

Cannery_1.jpg

Nice pictures of that beautiful country you live in....Looks like you hit a really nice day......I'll remember the name of The Berry Patch in Westport if we make it there this summer.......

Phil........Redbrick

Phil...........Redbrick

JerryMather

I love Astoria and it's seafood. The only problem with it is.................................It's to far from LA for me to enjoy it a often as I'd like. smirk.gif

nicewife & I have rolled thru Astoria 2 times, we might even make it that far north on a ride we're planning for September. Seen the areas in your photos - when she sees the pics., it'll make us want to saddle up to get back to Oregon.

I love Astoria and it's seafood. The only problem with it is.................................It's to far from LA for me to enjoy it a often as I'd like. smirk.gif

Duely noted. I'll be passing through this area on the 101 in August so it's nice to see some of what I have to look forward to. Thanks for the pics.

I'll second the seafood. I took a seafood cooking class there and it was great. Beautiful place and very friendly people in Astoria.

Dave

Highway 47 is a great ride.

You should also check out route 202 (Nehalem highway). From Vernonia head north to Mist, take a left on 202, follow through Jewell, up and over the coastal range into the back side of Astoria.

Its a beautiful ride with lots of curves. Just keep an eye out for elk as you head over the mountain.

Have been there but never got pix with that particular perspective and quality - thanx for the post !

Archived