IGNORED

I did it !!

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

Ooops, oh, uhh, no, I did not buy a new bike.... sorry for getting you all excited smirk.gif

What I DID do, since Nina and I have a trip to Cologne planned on the 30th, was to order a new windshield for the RT, at Wunderlich GmbH.

Not only am I hoping to get rid of the annoying wind noise in my ears while riding in future, but it also gives me a chance to visit this famous company of accessories !! (And yes, I'll let Nina hold my bank card while we're there ).

And on the way back we'll have a great barbecue at our friend's housewarming party.....

The only 'problem' is that I'll have to put the new screen on myself there and then (4 screws,I know, no biggie) and then am stuck with the original screen. Where do we put it? ShallI ask Nina to hold it ?? Hmmmm..... tongue.gif

.....And yes, I'll let Nina hold my bank card while we're there.

- humm, supervised shopping is a bad idea. But, I guess you can't tell her to 'wait in the car'? <g>

.....and then am stuck with the original screen. Where do we put it?

- beg a shipping carton off the Wunderlich folks and post/ship it to yourself at home?

- ebill

(And yes, I'll let Nina hold my bank card while we're there ).

I always comprimise by letting Danielle pick out a moderatly priced peice of gear for herself. Sometimes its a nice BMW Motorrad sweatshirt grin.gif.......sometimes it ends up being a pair of pink gloves eek.gif

Either way, it keeps her happy, and keeps her distracted while I toss numbers back and forth with the sales guy grin.gif

Congrats on the new Feej... Oops, sorry, guess I got a little excited. grin.gif

(4 screws,I know, no biggie)

The 4 screws are no biggie, but watch out for the little rubber grommets between the shield & support arms. If you aren't careful, one ( or more) will fall through the split under the arm, & be lost within the confines of the fairing.

DAMHIK. tongue.gif

yes, I'll let Nina hold my bank card while we're there ).

I just hope they don't make shoes or there may not be enough card left for the screen. wink.gif

Francois_Dumas

I didn't do it yet... weather turned sour.

Even if I did, I don't think I'd post it here..... I'll start a new thread.... 'somewhere' tongue.gif

Steve_Witmer

It's actually six screws on my RT -- Four on the front secure through the black plastic strips to the mechanism, and then two from the rear securing the shield to the plastic strips.

The two rear screws on my bike take a #10 Torx screwdriver -- not in your bike's standard tool kit.

+1 on the rubber grommets. You might just want to order new ones before you leave. When I replaced my shield the grommets were disintegrating.

Francois_Dumas

Oops, I took the shield off... to test.. didn't notice the last 2. I'll make sure I have some tools with me, although I would think I cold borrow one from the shop in Germany ;-)

I found that the OLD shield fits EXACTLY in a backpack I have, so I'll take it home on my back. Doesn't weigh much, I just hope I won't fall flat on my back. grin.gif

Actually, since the weather turned sour, we may even have to go on .. errrmmm.. I mean IN the Jeep frown.gif

Archived