IGNORED

Connecting Zumo to 12RT problem

Don_F

Hi I'm looking for a UK supplier for BMW part 83300413585. It's a 3 pin/wire connector to connect Sat Navs like the Zumo/26xx/Nav III. It's used to connect to the plug at the top of the forks on all canbus BMW's. I've ordered the part from my local BMW dealer (£7.30) but they say that there are non in the uk or Germany and it may be 3-4+ weeks before I get one, if at all? Anyone know a different supplier? confused.gif If no luck I'll order from the US.

John Bentall

Don,

Why am I not surprised - since this is not a part that the average dealer will keep in stock.

If you need to order from the US, I would recommend starting with Bobs BMW - who came up trumps for me on a previous occasion some years ago.

My purchase of an RT predated all this super information, so mine is wired (by the Autocom factory) into the back of the forward accessory socket. Utterly trouble-free.

In fact if you are going to connect into an Autocom, I would get the factory to instal. Then you don't have to leave until everthing is working!

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll keep it in mind. I'm going to give the UK a week to get one. If that fails I'll get one posted from the States, shouldn't cost much. I can run it on internal power til then. They seem to go for $24 USD + P&P so the £7 uk price is a better option. It must be a normal automotive connector.

Reminds me of a joke....

Bloke down the road is selling bannanas for 50p a pound!

well buy his!

he has non?

well when I have non, I'll sell em for 50p per pound.

grin.gif

Hi I'm looking for a UK supplier for BMW part 83300413585. It's a 3 pin/wire connector to connect Sat Navs like the Zumo/26xx/Nav III. It's used to connect to the plug at the top of the forks on all canbus BMW's. I've ordered the part from my local BMW dealer (£7.30) but they say that there are non in the uk or Germany and it may be 3-4+ weeks before I get one, if at all? Anyone know a different supplier? confused.gif If no luck I'll order from the US.

I just got offline with BMW's U.S. distribution system. That part is available and in stock in BMW's U.S. warehouses. Any dealer can have it delivered to them within a week and then all they have to do is ship it to you.

Archived