IGNORED

Tire Valve Stem

rebz

I installed new Pilot Roads on my 98 1100RT yesterday. Today the rear tire is flat. I re-iflated to find the leak and the valve stem blew off. What size do I need and where can I get one? All suggestions and help are greatly appreciated. Thanks

do a search on valve stem there was a whole thread on the topic. basically you can go to this site, and get the very nice metal 45 degree angle stems. I have installed them on a number of rims and they work great.

these are the ones I use

1 1/4" Chrome 45º Inner Mount Tire Valve, .453" rim hole

Code: 17-561

Price: $1.05

Quantity in Basket: none

patchboy.com

I have not been able to find the the valve stem hole diameter information. I have a 2004 R1200CL and a 2002 R1150RT. I need stems and was wondering if they would both be the .453 diameter. Where does one find this information?

Thanks,

Ron

Jim VonBaden
I have not been able to find the the valve stem hole diameter information. I have a 2004 R1200CL and a 2002 R1150RT. I need stems and was wondering if they would both be the .453 diameter. Where does one find this information?

Thanks,

Ron

Google Woodies Wheel Works. He will have the information.

I am reasonably certain they are a standard size. I have replaced a few with the standard size used on cars.

Jim cool.gif

Archived