IGNORED

Autoswitch Help

PPotratz

I am in need of help. I am helping a friend install an autoswitch for a set of piaa's but we have no idea where to splice into the wiring harness for the autoswitch...We can't find the wiring harness. Do we have to remove the tank? Does anyone have some pictures or advice??? The bike is a 2005 R1200rt.

Thank you for the help

What are you going to trigger the autoswitch off of? Turn signal cancel button? High beam flash button? Something else?

The negative turn signal ground Autoswitch (AS-5NCY or AS-5N2) doesn't work on a Canbus bike (2005 R1200RT) per the autoswitch guys.

They are coming out with a new one in about 2 weeks that does (I've been emailing them). You have to currently use the one that would tie into your high beams (AS-5P2 or the AS-5P). Which one do you have?

Firefight911
The negative turn signal ground Autoswitch (AS-5NCY or AS-5N2) doesn't work on a Canbus bike (2005 R1200RT) per the autoswitch guys.

They are coming out with a new one in about 2 weeks that does (I've been emailing them). You have to currently use the one that would tie into your high beams (AS-5P2 or the AS-5P). Which one do you have?

Not shooting the messenger here, BUT, once and for all;

The AS5NB works perfectly on a CANBus motorcycle. Mine has been installed on my '05 R1200ST for 1-1/2 years with no issues whatsoever.

Works off the turn signal cancel button and runs my Motolites.

Here's a picture:

117983904-L.jpg

Orange wire runs to the cancel button to operate it and you can see the LED on the dash to the right of the key.

A&S BMW has installed dozens upon dozens of these with ZERO issues, no warranty police violations, and has never faultered once.

I am installing the switch to the turn signal cancel button to operate piaa lights. However the question is where is the wire for the turn signal cancel. I am unable to find the harness and in the harness what color is the wire I am looking for? I am completely lost on this install.

Phil,

I'm not offended. I appreciate the correction. blush.gif

I was going by what the Autoswitch guys told me. I've been waiting for over a month for the "Canbus version" to be released. (they told me 4 weeks a month ago, in an email I just exchanged with them, they told me another 4 weeks).

I'll order the AS5NB today for my Piaas....

I have the same question... where did you locate the T/S cancel wire (i.e. where did you tap into it).

Thanks,

Mike

Firefight911

I had A&S do the install on this part as, at the time, I wasn't interested in doing the install for my Motolights and I was, incorrectly so, fearful of all things CANBus.

I had them tell me when they did the install but I have since forgotten.

I have to go to the dealer tomorrow when I get off work so I will go talk to the tech and get the wire color for you then.

Worst case scenario might involve taking off the right switch pod and looking inside it but let me talk to them first and get the answer that way if I can.

If I get a chance, I will try to call them today and get it.

where did you locate the T/S cancel wire (i.e. where did you tap into it).
It is a blue/white wire. The easiest place to locate it at the connector that connects the right-hand switch ass'y to the wire harness, just in front of the tank. Pin 2.
Firefight911
where did you locate the T/S cancel wire (i.e. where did you tap into it).
It is a blue/white wire. The easiest place to locate it at the connector that connects the right-hand switch ass'y to the wire harness, just in front of the tank. Pin 2.

Thanks for posting this Ken!! Got the big force hire at work and a fire so I forgot to get to it. thumbsup.gif

Archived