IGNORED

What is an "Engine Spoiler" listed on the 2007's?

ElJefe

Have Searched for photos or descriptions, but BMW lists this as a zero-dollar option on all new R1200RT's, available in black or silver. What is it? Photos would be appreciated.

Thanks

They're just referring to the fairing that surrounds the engine on the RT. The fairing is present (and standard) on all RTs. The no-cost "option" regarding the spoiler is whether you want the spoiler to be painted silver or left unpainted (black).

Thanks, Bob, for the quick reply, but I'm still not sure what this is. Is there one that's visible in a photo somewhere? Is it the part that looks like the lower fairing, that's flat black in the photo Here on BMW's site ??

Thanks

bobanddianne

Let me add one more piece to the 'spoiler' puzzle.

The spoiler is already screwed onto the upper 'tank' section of the fairing. When the 'tank' section is removed, the 'spoiler' section comes off the bike with it at the same time.

I have an '07 that is "BMW's-name-for" Silver. If my engine fairing (spoiler) is a different color, I can't tell...and I come by my user name quite honestly. I've worked in quality control my whole life. So, is it the same color? If it's not, the difference is so slight that even I don't care!

Archived