IGNORED

fault code 7 abs control unit

steveg

I checked my abs fault codes and came up with 7 . I flushed the wheel circuits and the hydro unit and the fault came right back by the time I reached the end of my driveway. description of code is ABS CONTROL UNIT my question to you , is that the computer or the hydro unit for code 7

steveg

I checked my abs fault codes and came up with 7 . I flushed the wheel circuits and the hydro unit and the fault came right back by the time I reached the end of my driveway. description of code is ABS CONTROL UNIT my question to you , is that the computer or the hydro unit for code 7

steveg

Steve, first, is your ABS failure light on? If not makes sure you are testing for code 7 correctly..

If your ABS light is ON then maybe this link will help you determine if your code 7 is in the ABS unit itself or you possibly have an external problem..

http://www.ibmwr.org/ktech/abs-diagnostics.shtml

Twisty

thanks twisty

I,ll check that out, unfortunatly I put all of the tupperware back on thinking that I had to replace the control unit and was gonna ride as is till I could find a used one . new one is 1500. from chicago I,ll let you know how it works out

steve

Archived