IGNORED

Vanson Mesh Jacket: user reviews?

markgoodrich

markgoodrich

Anyone tried this Vanson Vent Max "shirt", both for cooling, durability and more important, anyone crash tested it yet, or read a review? Looks like the perfect thing for hot weather riding, for peanuts.

Maybe if you have one, you could go do a quick crash test and report back? thumbsup.gif

I just bought one for my ride home from work in 85+ degree weather. I haven't worn it yet, but I'm sure it will be nice and breezy. It's certainly well made, but two things I don't like about it: there is no option to zip it to pants and there is minimal adjustment for a snugger fit around the waist. I'm a slim guy and I have a concern that should I ever crash test it, it could ride up and leave little to no torso protection. All that said, it appears to be better than no protection at all. wave.gif

I like mine a lot. I've had it about 2 weeks now. It worked great in the heat of west Texas and southern New Mexico during my trip to Colorado. It has protection, plus loads of ventilation which is important here in Texas.

Wayne

Had mine for over a year. Here in Florida temps can be brutal. Lots of ventilation and a fair amount protection. Only grip is the color black..........If you're listening Vanson, offer lighter colors, alot of your consumers live in the south and southwest. Very good jacket for $135.00

jgp

markgoodrich

Thanks for the replies, fellows, I tried to buy one at the local dealer today, but they didn't have a size to fit me. I noticed the back protector is "CE" standard, but it's the "1" standard, which I thought was just for elbow, hip, and shoulder pads, with the subsequent "2" standard being the operative one for back protectors...not picking on Vanson, I'm not sure I've seen a "2" back protector.

John Bentall

EN1621-2 is the current standard for back protectors. I bought a BMW 1621-2 back protector and cut it down to replace the 1621-1 protector on my Atlantis Jacket. I did to prove to myself that it could be done - there is no way that I would change my favorite jacket just becuase it had old standard protector in it.

bought one today at the shop. this thing is great air flow was really nice. i have a fieldsheer mesh jacket and the vanson is way better at keeping you cool.

Mark: I have been interested in both the vanson ventmax 3 and the Olympia airglide jacket. The Vanson is Dupont Cordura 1000 (never mind 500 which should be considered a minimum as far as cordura goes, unless you get into the exotic dynamax and such like in the BMW line, etc.). I am leaning towards the airglide as if I make my trip, it will be in Sept. Having said that, if I decide to just take off on a whim, I would pack the vanson, a heavier jacket, some rain gear, and hit the road. I like the choice of certain fabrics when m.c. clothes manufacturer's make good choices like dupont cordura, especially when it's in a 1000 denier. Some of the first gear, joe rocket stuff gets me nervous as it's just poly. It's very hot now, especially in the Deep South and there is no way to wear a Roadcrafter even if I could afford it. Think the Vanson is a great jacket, till the sun goes down; then, you can wear a fleece underneath or whatever- or switch to your heavier jacket.

Archived