IGNORED

1150 rt fog lights

chas

Hah hah hah hah hah. lmao.gif That's funny. Sorry. Ok, I've calmed down now. My only advice...take it to your dealer. I've done it several times (do a search on this site) and there's nothing easy about it. Of course it can be done, if you are mechanically inclined. Small hands are helpful as is being double jointed. Seriosly, the folks here will offer lots of tips for getting it done, and when another one of mine goes dark I'll do it myself, but I won't enjoy it. Good luck. thumbsup.gif

Thats my advice too. I replaced the two fog light bulbs on mine to yellow bulbs 6 months ago and it was a bear of a job. Enable to better reach I had to remove both side panel and front fairing and it was still a job to get my paws up in there to manipulate the housing to change the bulbs. It can be done , but I WILL pay next time to have the dealer do it.

I had an '02 R1150RT. The fog lamps are incredibly easy to remove/replace with the speakers out. Since I didn't have the optional radio and the speakers were useless (the speakers are useless even with the radio!), I removed them. Also, the five or so fewer pounds of sprung weight in the front end is a (minor) side benefit of removing them. Sans speakers, you'll be changing fog lamps with reckless abandon; yellow on Monday, blue on Tuesday, white...

OK, since you're new here and I was so rude before, I'll help you out...which way did you come in? No, just kidding, try this link I think you'll find what you need in there somewhere. I've done it the easier way by just removing the horn, no bodywork removal is needed.

The key question is does your RT have the in-dash speakers or not?

If not, you can reach them from underneath by laying on your back, feet forward and reaching up. There is a 3" or so round black rubber cap that you pop off and the H3 bulb is under that.

If on the other hand you have speakers, it is indeed nearly impossible to do without significant disassembly. I.e. - pull the dash, remove the speakers (and leave them out if you don't use them) etc.

Archived