IGNORED

I finally arrived at Torrey...where is everybody?

eddd

standard.jpg As you can see I pulled into Torrey late yesterday afternoon, but could find any of the board members around? confused.gif

I peddled as fast as I could to get there, but it was a long ride! Some of those hills are hard on this old boy who lives at sea level! tongue.gif

Since no one was around I did some exploring in the area and found a sweeper madness trail for my Cannondale. You may have seen it along the side of the road near Red Rock Canyon. At the south end of Red Rock Canyon you can ride a nice smooth bike trail up to where the trail begins. This took about 40 minutes. The ride back only took about 10, hitting a top speed of 34 mph. thumbsup.gif

I guess I'll bring the RT next time if I hope to get there in time for the festivities. thumbsup.gif

What am I - chopped liver? MMM, chopped liver...

I'm not there now though, I'm camped out in Manila, UT on the Wyoming border looking at a view of Flaming Gorge. I'm going to spend the next 3-4 days exploring the Uinta Mountains on my CRF.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Did you leave for Torrey at the same time as the rest of us? grin.gif

I'm not there now though, I'm camped out in Manila, UT on the Wyoming border looking at a view of Flaming Gorge. I'm going to spend the next 3-4 days exploring the Uinta Mountains on my CRF.

Bastige. wave.gif

You're a little early. Just hang out and before you know it, the whole crowd will be there... grin.gifthumbsup.gif

I thought about that, but I'd still have the problem of keeping up with everyone on their cycles....Of course if I was able to determine the course it could be interesting!

thumbsup.gif Anybody up for riding Slick Rock on their RTs? grin.gif

Killer, it's ok. Even my family leaves town when they find out I'm on the way! eek.gif

I've actually been through Torrey a few times before on other vacations over the years, but I think it was always in one of my Jeeps or in the pickup with the camper. I don't recall seeing as many motorcycles in the past. I toured the West extensively by motorcycle years ago, but even then there were no where near the number of cycles.

I had great weather, even when I road Slick Rock, of course I started as early as practical.

Archived