IGNORED

Horns

Wyn

I did a search and could not find an answer. I'm sure it's been posted to death but here goes.

Is there a much louder horn than stock for my 98 RT? I'm semi mechanical and looking for easy instillation.

Sorry if this has been covered a million times.

Wyn

ISYHTRAH

Do a search for Stebel Air Horns

They are compact, easy to install, and LLLLOOOOUUUDDD!

Mornin Oop, Thanks

ISYHTRAH

Yup, thats the one. I had one on my GSXR1100 that I had before the RT. I also have a buddy with a set (2) on his VFR. They are the type of horn that makes people drop cell phones, cigarettes, and hot coffee grin.gif.

I have no idea about it reacting with the CANBUS on a R1200RT. I'm still happy living in the R1100RT stone age.

Lets_Play_Two
Do a search for Stebel Air Horns

They are compact, easy to install, and LLLLOOOOUUUDDD!

I was wondering...are these legal? Can one run afoul of the increasing number of noise ordinances by using 1 or 2 135dB horns?

I was wondering...are these legal? Can one run afoul of the increasing number of noise ordinances by using 1 or 2 135dB horns?

I've tried writing out several thoughts here but keep deleting them. So I guess its left to this....I can't imagine it ever being an issue considering how rarely the horns are used........and

If by some weird stupid reason they are illegal......I will gladly pay the $100 fine every time I have to use them.

I can't imagine it ever being an issue considering how rarely the horns are used........and

If by some weird stupid reason they are illegal......I will gladly pay the $100 fine every time I have to use them.

+1

Jim VonBaden

Even if they are illegal, I doubt most police would do anything. I know two cops who have them already on their personal bikes.

As for the canbus, there is no effect except for a fault recorded to the computer, and no indication of one on the dash. No problem running them so long as you wire them up correctly!

Steibel-horn.jpg

On my bike.

Fuse-wiring-diagram.jpg

The wiring diagram I made to install all my electricals. Ken H has a better one.

Jim cool.gif

Archived