IGNORED

Cee Baileys..LIES<LIES< LIES

10ovr

I orderd a windsheld May 10,,Called them My 22,,They told me It well be shiped May 24,,Called May 28,Told me press was down,Called June 5,,They told me it was going out today,,Called today,June 13,Still not made yet,,Never contacted me to let me know whats going on,,LIES<LIES LIES,I canceled my order,They wanted to know why??? dopeslap.gifI myself well never Buy a nother winsheld from them,,Buyer Beware,,Lets see how long it takes me to get my money back???

I have bought 4 windshelds from them,,Never had a problem till now,,I know s/happens,,But not to let me know whats going on is not right,,If they would have been up front with me it would have been fine,,But to tell me its shiped and it was not,Thats just not right!!!

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Clearly they are having issue, but not communicating with your customers is a death blow for sure. My experience with them mirrored Killers, but I wouldn't put up with that treatment either.

Bought 2 shields from them myself. Returned both as they didn't work as advertised...for me.

Other than the cost of shipping, duty, taxes,etc. no problems...

Jim W.

Sorry about your ordeal. I ordered a Sundome recently. Came with an embedded flaw right in the middle (not a surface scratch) that was hard to detect until it sparkled like a firecracker in oncoming sunlight. Called customer service. They sent UPS for pickup and shipped a new flawless windshield, no charge for shipping either way. I'm a happy customer and would buy again. thumbsup.gif

Think you are the exception and not the rule. They provided a good customer experience for me. Sorry you had problems.

I bought shields for both my RT and LT. The RT shield was the wrong model/size (my fault in how I ordered it). Cee Bailey exchanged it without any hassle.

The LT shield had a "cloudiness" issue. Called them up and they said "we'll pick it up and look at it". One week later got a call from their production manager saying yep, we agree.....do you want a replacement shield or your money back. I ordered a replacement and it arrived 10 days later.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

regards

I'm a Cee Bailey two timer.

Positive experience with both purchases.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Bought a windshield and headlight protector, shipped up to Canada...no problems. But I to would not accept the treatment you have been getting!

I ordered a windshield from them in early May for my GS. I was happy with my RT screen, so I thought a CB for my GS was a sure bet. I was less than thrilled with their customer service on this purchase. I ordered it "will call." I live a few miles from their HQ, so I thought it would be quicker/cheaper to pick it up rather than have it shipped. They told me 10 days when I ordered... heard nothing so I called them on day 15 to ask if it was ready. It wasn't. Called on day 20 and they said it had been ready for several days.

Moreover, I am not happy with the GS windscreen. It is no thicker nor sturdier than the stock windshield. It "chatters" as it vibrates more so than the stock windshield, and it does nothing to curb the turbulence the way CB professes it does. I'm going to sell it and await the arrival of my Z-Teknik.

It appears that I, too am done with Cee Bailey.

Bit of a hijack, but relevant...

I don't know about the 1200GS, but on the 1150GS, the way to solve the turnbulence issue is with a set of Tobinators, which allow more air through the bottom of the screen by letting you move the screen up and forward, plus you get a wide range of adjustment. The point is to prevent a low pressure area directly behind the screen, which is what creates the turbulence. My GS with tobinators and the stock windscreen is WAY better than any other GS I've ridden with aftermarket windscreens.

search advrider.com for Tobinators and you should find them.

--sam

Bummer. I ordered my Sumdome on May 24th. It arrived on June 13th. It shipped on Monday the 11th. They didn't charge my card until the day it shipped, so if you paid via credit card, you should be OK.

I ordered a SumVee for my RT two weeks ago and it arrived yesterday. I ordered the stock size, no tint, so perhaps they had it already in stock and didn't have to produce anything custom.

Good luck with yours.

When I order a product, it's generally because I really want/need the product. Sometimes there are "glitches" in the process of ordering, fabrication, shipment, etc. I just went through such a problem that took several months to resolve...but it was resolved and I did get the product and am pleased with the end result. Sometimes an order gets beyond the patience of a reasonable man and it may be necessary to cancel the order and restart. Anyway, the goal in all this is to get the product I want. If I loose patience and discard the company, I don't reach the goal of getting the product. I had good success with Cee Bailey's in the past when they sent a wrong light protector, but they worked with me to be sure my goal was met. My $.02.

Ditto on what Killer says and others. I have purchased 2 screens, bag liners, and headlight protector. When I sold my 04 RT and bought the 05 RT I had opened the bag liners and my wife used the 04 liner once. They let me exchange the liners and headlight protector and they were about 6 months old at the time. They have taken very good care of me and would not hesitate to buy from them again. I hope you situation gets resolved to your satisfaction.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I'm in the "not a good experience camp."

It appears as though they are generally a excellent company to do business with, but when they blow it, it's a doozy. (he he, I haven't used that word in years!)

After posting above; I called and was given a tracking number. It arrives FedEx tomorrow as promised. Hope your situation works out.

Pretty limited experience here, but the one time I ordered from them (set of bag liners), I had no problems at all.

I had problems with CB a few years ago ... ordered a windshield for a 2004 RT. It arrived OK, but the holes didn't line up with the mounting brackets. They sent a replacement ... same misalignment problem, only holes were further off. I returned the replacement for a full refund and bought myself an AeroFlow (which I am happy with).

I've ordered two CB screens, one for my Vstrom which was great and another for my FJR1300 which came with the holes drilled WAY off, easily fixed with a Dremel but shouldn't happen just the same. Otherwise, service has been prompt and quality good.

Well after a week and a 1/2,and 18 phone calls I finaly got my money back!!!!What a joke,So I ordered a Ztechnik windsheild,Lets see if that shows up lmao.gif

The Ztechnik is a great screen. Polycarbonate is used instead of aircraft grade acrylic like CB uses.

Polycarbonate is much better to look through. This is what the stock windscreen is made of. thumbsup.gif

I like my CB, I just dont like the distortion and difference in the clarity of the acrylic.

I will sell my CB as soon as I get around to upgrading to a Ztechnik.

Archived