IGNORED

Wife - Best Excuse to buy a new bike?

Plasterman

Alright, want a new bike. Love my old 1150RT but bug has bitten me for newer model. What is the best excuse that you have used on your spouse to convince her she should let you buy a new bike? Don't have the guts to just bring one home, still want her to feed and sleep with me. Lets hear some good ones.

lurker.gif

"Do you want to suffer me pissing and moaning around for a year or two, or do you want to avoid all the misery and just let me buy the bl@sted thing now???" grin.gifthumbsup.gif

tell her you want her to ride your RT and you'll get a new one.

Or just buy the new one and tell her the RT is hers...Surprise

The only thing I asked my wife was if she wanted to come with me to pick it up.

Alright, want a new bike. Love my old 1150RT but bug has bitten me for newer model. What is the best excuse that you have used on your spouse to convince her she should let you buy a new bike? Don't have the guts to just bring one home, still want her to feed and sleep with me. Lets hear some good ones.

lurker.gif

You are going through a mid-life crisis and need the bike to stabilize your emotions???? lmao.giflmao.gif

Phil..........Redbrick

Give her a plane ticket to go visit her dad on father's day. Tell her you will stay home and watch the kids. Once she's gone, sneak down to the dealer and buy your bike.

Why did I suggest this? It worked for me.

I feel for you guys...Just bought 2 bikes in the last 8 months and all my wife said was SURE.

She did note that before I brought another one home I had better find a place to put it becaus with four bikes in the garage she was tired of walking around them to get to the laundry room... Ok darling....So I rented a storage facility...

Well, I gave my dirt bike to my son and now I don't have one and if I buy a nice dual purpose bike you can ride it too when I'm on my RT. She said I could buy it in February!! It won't be a Duc but whatever I decide to get it'll be another two wheeled baby for me. Of course now I'm spending every waking minute researching every bike in my price range. thumbsup.gif

Wait for her to buy her next pair of expensive shoes or a pricey handbag. Talk to her - in a non-threatening, pseudo-interested manner - about the shoes/bag. Memorize her responses and use the same excuses/rationalizations she did a few weeks later.

Or - you can buy a bike in the same color and swear it's the same old bike... lmao.gif

Wait for her to buy her next pair of expensive shoes or a pricey handbag. Talk to her - in a non-threatening, pseudo-interested manner - about the shoes/bag. Memorize her responses and use the same excuses/rationalizations she did a few weeks later.

Or - you can buy a bike in the same color and swear it's the same old bike... lmao.gif

Better yet, buy a bike that matches her new shoes! lmao.gif

Spread some charcoal dust on you before you come home, then tell her you saved a burning baby from a fire and you have an idea on what to spend the reward money on.....

thumbsup.gif

Tell her that you really don't want a new bike but you have a feeling that your old bike is not as dependable as it once was and fixing the old one will just take up time that you would rather spend with her. ooo.gif

Note: Do not use the "you can have the old bike" senario in addition to the above mentioned. Or you may become too crippled to ride any bike. eek.gif

Firefight911
Tell her it's for her.

That's what Phil did, & it worked.

Well, I suppose the new F800ST helped a bit. grin.gif

Now there ya go lettin' the cat out of the . . . . TREE grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif!!!!!!!

Man, nothing sacred, nothing!!! wave.gif

lurker.gif

Ask for something that is way worse than a bike, like "Can I get a girlfriend?" Then asking for a new bike won't seem that bad.

If its that big of a deal, how about getting a new wife first? thumbsup.gif

When I first read the topic of this thread my immediate thought was.... "Yes, it sure is".. grin.gif

When I bought my second bike home (I didnt tell her about the first one either...) the first reaction was.. "What are you going to do with 2 bikes... you can only ride one at a time !" Upon which I took her by the arm and walked her up to the stables, and replied "Count the horses, then come inside and we'll start that discussion again".

lurker.gif

Mark said something along the lines of, "I want a new bike."

Well-it worked on me, anyway. Hmmmm-now that I think about it, it is the same thing I told him when I wanted a new bike. Seems to work in both directions!

I think I could actually get away with that one......She would eventually notice, but I swear it would take at LEAST 2-3 months.

Of course......after taking a nice little 150 mile trip on Candi's F650GS last month at the MAYhem.......I think I could justify "buying Danielle" one, of course I would have to break it in and ride it for her until she gets her motorcycle license.... grin.gif

Get a new wife. Mine suggested I buy my last 3-4 bikes. Still calls the Bumblebee GS hers although she has been a sidecar monkey for years.

Some friends wives always said OK but expected a huge favor in return.

Oh, boy... eek.gif

Just mention how you've been tempted to spend your spare money on alcohol, gambling and loose women... then suggest you get a new bike instead.

Once you have the new bike, you can slowly start spending money on alcohol, gambling and loose women...and set yourself up for the next one.

Just buy enough bikes that when she notices the new one you can say "Naww, that's not new- I've always had it."

Works for me with pistols....

Tell your wife that it belongs to a friend who is going to be in Europe for a couple for years and he has aked you to ride it and take good care of it.

In my situation, I am waiting to get married until after the R1200S HP2? comes out. Man that is one sexy bike!

Cheers!

Cheers!

Find a bike color that matches her eyes. . . if that's not your favorite color. . . find a new wife with eye color that matches the bike. thumbsup.gif

My wife said I should buy a new bike since I turn 50 this year. I said I was planning to wait until next year since I wouldn't have to borrow any money by then.

She said she'd float me an interest free loan so I could get it now. Dutiful husband that I am, I bought the bike.

If you already have a couple and would like a third.

When the new bike miraculasly appears, look surprised and say "so thats what those two have been doing in the garage when nobody's looking" I didn't know that bikes could have offspring. grin.gif

When buying new tools, I was told to sneak them into the house, take some extra-fine sandpaper and scrub some of the "new" off of them. Then, when she discovers them, say,"No, that's not new. You bought it for me two years ago for my birthday. Don't you remember?" My wife, who often remembers things that never happened, will say, "Oh yeah." And life goes on. It helps that she doesn't know a radial arm saw from a wood lathe.

My wife wanted a sports car. Midlife crisis? She got an 07 Solstice. Nice! I love it too. I put a scratch in the door the first day. Since then I have been banned from driving it. Okay, you have your toy, I'm getting one for me. That worked.

However for some odd reason I bought an 07 Suzuki 650 V Strom. Loved it, but I had to have another Beemer. When asked why I told her. "If I could figure out how to explain it to you. You wouldn't understand." Hee hee, that worked to!!!!

Mmmmm, what to come up with to get an 07 RT? I'll think of something. In the meantime Nubb will do.

ISYHTRAH

Why do you need an excuse? Just do what one guy did in my area. He not only bought his bike from the local dealer, but he also keeps it there thumbsup.gif

I guess what she doesn't know, won't hurt her. I am just not sure how he explains away getting helmet head from playing a round of golf. eek.gif

Why do you need an excuse? Just do what one guy did in my area. He not only bought his bike from the local dealer, but he also keeps it there thumbsup.gif

I guess what she doesn't know, won't hurt her. I am just not sure how he explains away getting helmet head from playing a round of golf. eek.gif

What a wuss! confused.gif

I feel for you guys...Just bought 2 bikes in the last 8 months and all my wife said was SURE.

She did note that before I brought another one home I had better find a place to put it becaus with four bikes in the garage she was tired of walking around them to get to the laundry room... Ok darling....So I rented a storage facility...

You make her drive to a storage facility to do the laundry??

That's wrong. If you were nicer to her, maybe you could get 6 or 7 bikes. grin.gif

"Naww, that's not new- I've always had it."

Works for me with pistols....

I do that one too...

but for my new K1200GT I had to first buy my wife a new back yard and then I went down to CalMoto and ordered the bike... when it came in two months later... I had her write the check thumbsup.gif

2567423790076244200S425x425Q85.jpg

876164-RaysNewBaby.jpg.950c9ae4482c2ee20dcd60f68924a56e.jpg

Give her a plane ticket to go visit her dad on father's day. Tell her you will stay home and watch the kids. Once she's gone, sneak down to the dealer and buy your bike.

Why did I suggest this? It worked for me.

and you're still married? grin.gif

This would officially get me my walking papers. wink.gif

Wayne

Is the purchase a replacement bike (like trading in an old car, bikes need replaced every so often) or an additional bike? Just tell her you're buying it. Or make sure your next wife likes motorcycles before you get married and then you don't have to explain none of this to her.

I tell my wife it's one of my more positive addictions. I said, "I don't drink (too much), hang out in bad places (expcept the occasional biker bar) or run around on her." She said: "Neither do I." That didn't work. So, I then tried telling her that I wanted the flexibility of her riding on the best bike I could find. I also used that one with chrome: I only did this so she would have enough bliing on the bike she adorned. Nothing has worked, except that when I buy a new one, I need to plan in the purchase price some bribe money so she can go buy whatever she wants.

I think it boils down to this. It's generally not about the money. They just can't process the fact that we (as in men) can find something other than them (women) to spend time with. I think they actually make it a "relationship" thing, which is why we like bikes--they don't want to talk relationships when we ride.

clap.gif

Isn't it easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission?

Permission may be achieved in an instant.

Forgiveness may take a lifetime. blush.gif

Isn't it easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission?

Permission may be achieved in an instant.

Forgiveness may take a lifetime. blush.gif

Huh

In all seriousness, I ordered my R12RT two years ago. The bike comes in and I still haven't told her but I was taking delivery like in four days. Took her out for dinner, wine, romantic night. I asked her if I could buy one she said yes (right moment always works). Two years later she knows I had it on order but she doesn't care.

My wife is the one who wants all the bikes smile.gifsmile.gif. I just struggle to keep up with her. Maybe next time we can have a thread on how to keep wife from buying a new bike smirk.gif. I tried (this for his and hers RTs) we're talking about 10 trips to Europe, or 5 trips around the world. That didn't work.

Heck, we love the bikes clap.gif.

Maybe the lesson here is that if you have some $$$ lying around, it will find some way to go towards the good. Alls well that ends well.

Here it goes. We both used to ride dualsports, nicewife had a KLR-250, I had a XR-650-L. I was tired of riding that pig-Honda, and Carrie didn't do a lot of trail riding. So, one night when she was in the bathtub, with a glass of wine & candles, I said to her words to the effect of: "Hey honey, lets get rid of the dualsports, and replace them with real dirt bikes." Her response was something like: "Nah, why don't you get a new dirt bike instead." So I did and that is how I ended up with a Yamaha WR-450-F! (Try wine & candles; chicks dig them. grin.gif)

Archived