IGNORED

Reasonable selling price 04 RT?

TR RT

It looks like I am going to have to sell my 04 RT (kids college fees to pay) and I am trying to figure out a fair selling price before I advertise it. I have been looking at classifieds on this site and MOA and prices seem to be quite varied. So within a range of say plus/minus $500, what price would be reasonable for the following bike?

Black RT 04, twin spark, one owner, bought new Jan 05, garaged, has approx 8500 miles, excellent condition, fully serviced, standard except for the following additions: motolights on front forks, BMW top box, engine bars. Oh, and never dropped as they say.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Tom

A friend of a friend sold his "almost identical" bike for 11,000 exactly one year ago. Now that used R1200RT are starting to appear more often, that may push the price down slightly more than the one year additional depreciation. We are also close to an area with lots of available buyers (and sellers).

FWIW I have noticed many asking prices on this forum that are crazy high. Most of the people seem to be adding in value to the options and add-ons as if everyone wanted them just like they did. A rear box is something most people want and will likely buy anyway but many other options are worth little or nothing or possibly be a negative.

I hate selling my stuff! I'm really good at buying stuff but selling it is UGH!

So use this formula.

Your maximum desired number.

Usually too high but hey you never know.

Your yes that will work just fine number.

If it's fine for you it should be fine for someone else.

Minimum number.

The oh crap I need that money now number.

Do this and your golden.

Basing off other numbers will only frustrate you.

Lineareagle

I paid 11K last year for mine. CW 2 complete sets of seats, 2 complete sets of bags-side and top case , spare parts, tank bag. 12Kmiles.

Now mine is scrapped out so when you get a price let me know, I am in the market but just barely, many months to go before I can ride again.

Less than you hoped to get and more than the buyer really wanted to pay is a fair price. I have NO IDEA what that number should be.

However, RT's start out high here and then the prices start to drop till they sell.

Best of luck in your sale. thumbsup.gif

The goal of the seller is to sell high. The goal of the buyer is to buy low. What your bike is worth depends on when the two amounts meet in agreement. Deduct seller points for hardships. Add points when the buyer is emotional.

BTW, I'd make my kids apply for a student loan and keep the bike.

Lets_Play_Two
It looks like I am going to have to sell my 04 RT (kids college fees to pay) and I am trying to figure out a fair selling price before I advertise it. I have been looking at classifieds on this site and MOA and prices seem to be quite varied. So within a range of say plus/minus $500, what price would be reasonable for the following bike?

Black RT 04, twin spark, one owner, bought new Jan 05, garaged, has approx 8500 miles, excellent condition, fully serviced, standard except for the following additions: motolights on front forks, BMW top box, engine bars. Oh, and never dropped as they say.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Tom

Kelley bluebook retail is $11050. Start at $12000 and sell it locally not here...these guys are vultures!!! grin.gif

Tom

I sold my 04 RT with 11.8K miles on the clock one year ago. My original asking price was $12K. I got some calls but not many. Dropped the price $1K and the phone started ringing. Settled at $10.8K. Hope this helps and good luck with your sale.

Bought mine last month for $10,600 with 15,300 miles. It came with a basic GIVI topcase, ZTechnik exhaust and Big Mak, all of which I sold (yeah, I'm an idiot- a replacement Big Mak is on the way grin.gif). I bought a BMW topcase, so everything was about a wash, dollar-wise..

Low 10s seem to be the prevailing price around here.

Archived