IGNORED

Which color to buy between the Beige & the Blue 2007 1200RT

BikeoftheMonth

BikeoftheMonth

Greetings,

I sold my 2005 1150RT and I'm looking at either the beige or the blue color 2007 R1200RT. The silver is my third choice and really not a color choice for me. It just not my color even though it's very visible to other motorist.

I had a blue 05 RT and I really don't want the another dark bike again. But I may buy that color again. I'm just not sold on the beige yet and need to hear from some of the other owners of these two color 2007 bikes. I like the beige it looks kind of classy. I'm just having trouble with the brown color for a motorcycle. Will the beige be a poor resale color as well? Is the brown a goofy color for a bike? I need a little help deciding. Can you all provide me with a little input? I tryed searching the forum for others who didn't know which way to go between the two color options but couldn't come up with anything.

Thank you for all your input.

Eric

need to hear from some of the other owners of these two color 2007 bikes.

I'm not an owner of the 07, but I prefer the blue.

Interestingly, I am currently looking at the biege bike. It comes off as a more elegant color relative to the other colors offered, IMHO. I think the question of resale is an interesting one. At one of the dealerships, the owner suggested to me that the biege color would not fetch as much down the road.

I've seen a couple of beige ones and one blue one on the road. I like them both, but the beige is really striking. My 2005 came in only graphite (metallic black), granite (grey), and red. If I had to choose now, I would definitely go for the beige. It really stands out.

BruceLaQuinta

I saw the blue RT this past weekend and thought it looked great. Very striking with the deep blue paint and silver trim.

Tough saying this being a Buckeye's fan but, GO BLUE!

I got beige, my wife got blue. It was love at first sight for me. I like seeing her on the blue in the sun, but I can't see myself on it.

+1 on Beige being more sophisticated.

The dealer said they hadn't seen one before and did not expect to like it. When they saw mine, they changed their minds. Well salesmen will say anything...

My co-workers, not being privy to BMW marketing info, called it gold.

The color is not advertised as such, but I believe it is one of those that changes depending on the lighting. It deepens in lower lighting.

Oh, and has anyone mentioned, Sand Beige Metallic is the fastest color clap.gif.

Rocket_Cowboy

You're the one who's got to look at it ... but I'd buy silver first, then blue. If there were no other options I'd take beige ... but only because it reminds me of my parent's old beige oldsmobile from back in the 70's.

Beige definitly! I like it. As was said real classey. It won't show the dirt, Resale? I don't think you'll have any problem.

ISYHRAH

I like the Beige simply because it's not a "me too" color. Very distinctive - yet classy.

And almost as fast as Titan Silver. thumbsup.gif

If I had to get an 07 I'd settle for blue.

I'm looking forward to new colors in 08.

Also, how about an "M" series package in Jet Black, with goosed horsepower, throaty exhaust, Ohlins, heated leather seats, sporty wheels, chrome oil cooler bezel, painted top case...

BlackRT.jpg

Lets_Play_Two
Greetings,

I sold my 2005 1150RT and I'm looking at either the beige or the blue color 2007 R1200RT. The silver is my third choice and really not a color choice for me. It just not my color even though it's very visible to other motorist.

I had a blue 05 RT and I really don't want the another dark bike again. But I may buy that color again. I'm just not sold on the beige yet and need to hear from some of the other owners of these two color 2007 bikes. I like the beige it looks kind of classy. I'm just having trouble with the brown color for a motorcycle. Will the beige be a poor resale color as well? Is the brown a goofy color for a bike? I need a little help deciding. Can you all provide me with a little input? I tryed searching the forum for others who didn't know which way to go between the two color options but couldn't come up with anything.

Thank you for all your input.

Eric

Say BEIGE out loud and see how that affects you! clap.gif

NYC_Drifter

I just ordered Silver. It is mechanical looking, will hide the dirt the best. The Blue is sharp when clean and the Beige is elegant.

Opinion? The beige is ugly, looks dowdy. The blue is too bright, reminds me of a cheep Chevy Nova. Buy an 06 in RED, my .02.

I like the all black, that is classy.

I'd put beige last on my list. First would be blue, with silver a close second. I think the bike looks better with silver lowers, thus blue over silver as I don't think anyone would get a silver bike with silver lowers.

If I had to get an 07 I'd settle for blue.

I'm looking forward to new colors in 08.

Also, how about an "M" series package in Jet Black, with goosed horsepower, throaty exhaust, Ohlins, heated leather seats, sporty wheels, chrome oil cooler bezel, painted top case...

BlackRT.jpg

The black is very nice. I like the black 1150s too.

I like my red '06. If I were buying now and since red isn't offered I would select the blue.

If I was going to buy a new one, I would have to figure out what made more sense. A) transferring all the red stuff onto the new bike and vice versa. B) painting the new one. wave.gif

Silver with the silver engine trim looks the best to me. It matches the silver used on the rest of the bike and makes it look more smooth and a more complete package.

Okay, I bought the bike in silver a few weeks ago and I feel that it is a bit slower than the beige colored RT that my friend has....jk, I have no friends.

Silver: I have heard that it is actually the least visible of the colors--kinda makes sense to me but I figure that I am not visible to anyone unless I make myself visible, blah, blah, blah...they all want to kill us anyway...and, btw, I think that most of the accessories come in silver by default, hence saving some money...but who buys a bike to save money, come on!

Blue: I have had two blue bikes--great color but it (IMHO) does not show off the RT lines as a lighter color does...but it is still cool looking...not as cool as black....I love that bike in black and think of getting it repainted when I look at that bike.

Beige: I like it but not enough to have bought it...however, it does have the advantage of being the most uncommon color and it is nice...and shows off the lines.

Ultimately, you have decide...trust your feelings but bury them deep for they could be used to serve the Emperor...I wander and should stop typing.

If you like the overall shape of the bike and want the black parts to blend in, go with the darker color, blue. If you like the contrast between the black and the other body parts, beige or for even more contrast, silver. Of course, you could go with the silver engine spoiler and the gray seats on the blue to get some contrast between the various body parts. That would result in a 4 color bike, blue, gray, black and silver.

Since I could not get black in the 96 R1100RT, I chose blue with black seats. I liked and still like the overall look of that bike with the black parts blending in. I did not like the way it showed dirt so I opted for the light gray when I traded it for the R1200RT. My choices then were red (not for me) dark gray and the light gray. I decided I liked the contrasting dark and light parts on the new RT an think the light gray shows it best. It also retains it clean look even when it's a bit dirty! thumbsup.gif

878669-IMG_0602a.jpg.f281c55a58c0cb6d0574ec362ac793e9.jpg

BikeoftheMonth

Gentleman & Ladies,

I'm picking up my new R1200RT on Saturday 6/23/07 from Irv Severs in Orange, CA. I've been cleared by the misses for the new purchases and I don't think I get any sleep for the next couple of nights.

My final color choice is another Biarritz Blue bike. Although I haven't seen the Sand Biege yet I'm pretty sure I'm going with a Blue bike. And I guess I guess I'm going to have to buy the trunk with my $500 bucks in accesories becuase my wife says she doen't feel comterble riding without something to lean against.

Thank you to you all for the input. Some of you even sent me emails of which made me feel like I'm back into the brotherhood of riders again. You guys know who you are and I look forward to getting out and riding with you sometime.

No sleep for me, I'll probably survive thoughclap.gif Thank you all and let's go riding! Are there any BMW rallies out here in the peoples repbublic?

Eric

Congrats on picking up your new bike tomorrow. You just missed the Big Bear Rally by 2 weeks. We had 200 people attend this year and it was a lot of fun. You should make plans to attend next year. It happens around the middle of June and is held by the South Coast BMW Riders Club and the San Diego BMW club.

KB

We have a big trunk and a little one for our pair of R12RTs. The big one is about $860 by the time you get a keyed lock cylinder, but has a much better back rest than the $560 smaller one. Be sure to look at both. The big one is also heavy, you can tell it's back there, and it will knock your fuel economy some.

You can look at after market trunks much cheaper. But all the ones i saw require you to install a mount of some sort, and I didn't want that. The bmw versions just click off and on. You could also consider an after market seat with a back rest built in, if you don't think you need the storage. A lot of people like a different seat.

One guy on the board said he had the dealer apply the $500 as a credit on his deal, so don't be thinking you have to buy stuff from them.

Congrats on the new bike, send a pic when you pick it up! We're picking up our license plates tomorrow.

Jan

BikeoftheMonth

Wow!

This new 07 RT is a much nicer bike than my 04! I'm very pleased with the lighter and better handling of this one. I bought the small trunk with my $500 dollar credit.

I need a riding suit and a battery tender too! Irv Severs is a nice dealship to buy from. I look forward to the ralley next year in Big Bear. The Biarritz Blue is nice and I looked at the Sand Beige which is very nice but I worry that is would have a poor resale.

I love the cruise control clap.gif I asked the dealer what the slowest speed it can be set and the salesman said it was a good question that he couldn't answer. I tryed it and I think it is thrity MPH. Really cool! I like the glove box because my Glock 17 fits really nice too thumbsup.gif Kidding lmao.gif

Thanks again for everyones support.

Eric

Gentleman & Ladies,

I'm picking up my new R1200RT on Saturday 6/23/07 from Irv Severs in Orange, CA. I've been cleared by the misses for the new purchases and I don't think I get any sleep for the next couple of nights.

My final color choice is another Biarritz Blue bike. Although I haven't seen the Sand Biege yet I'm pretty sure I'm going with a Blue bike. And I guess I guess I'm going to have to buy the trunk with my $500 bucks in accesories becuase my wife says she doen't feel comterble riding without something to lean against.

Thank you to you all for the input. Some of you even sent me emails of which made me feel like I'm back into the brotherhood of riders again. You guys know who you are and I look forward to getting out and riding with you sometime.

No sleep for me, I'll probably survive thoughclap.gif Thank you all and let's go riding! Are there any BMW rallies out here in the peoples repbublic?

Eric

Congrats Eric!!

Great choice in color as well. I like the two tone effect. Very sporty.

Archived