Tire Patch Shop??

Stephen_Chase

Stephen_Chase

In my other thread re: my Michelin Pilot with staple holes the advice seems to be to get the tire properly patched. Sounds like a great idea, except I can't find anyone willing to apply a vulcanized patch.

Some folks also expressed concern at patching period, as risky. Seems shame to throw away a tire with only 300 miles on it. I am, however, prepared to throw it away (properly).

As a last ditch effort, blush.gif can anyone suggest a shop in ConUS or Canada that will vulcanize my tire?

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen_Chase

Wow, all kinds of advice to (vulcanize )patch but no suggestions as to where to get it done.

Too much "good junk" so, the tire goes out........ clap.gif

SC

Wow, all kinds of advice to (vulcanize )patch but no suggestions as to where to get it done.

'bout,....ah....30 miles south of Chicago...my garage..OK?...Cool...

I'm home by 6pm... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

.bring Coffee!!! thumbsup.gif

Stephen,

Any motorcycle shop that does tire changes will patch plug your tire. Try Canadian Tire or Goodyear, maybe your corner general garage will do it. You are crazy to dump your 300 mile tire, in my humble opion only...eh! I do my own tire changes and I have repaired several tires by using the patch/plugs and have riden the tires down to the cords+-.

Take it easy...eh! I hope you are not stranded in the middle of no where.

Regards,

Tim

Stephen_Chase

Thanks for the offer. I'll be over tonite. If I'm late it's 'cause I stopped at Tim Hortons for our coffee. Black or double-double?

Cheers!

SC

Archived