IGNORED

I miss my Harley

Whip

It seems as if every time I have sold a Harley I am initially happy, but after spending a few days exclusively on another bike I find myself missing the change of pace that a Harley provides me.

I like the bikes for what they are but have issues with the "lifestyle" mentality that H-D has marketed so successfully. Other than a fondness for the bikes themselves, I find that I have little in common with many of the Harley riders I meet. I'm not particularly fond of chrome and don't like loud pipes. I'm not interested in going to large rallies or riding as part of a group. I don't think that I dress or look like other Harley riders and I'm know I'm always wearing more protective gear.

I'm a very independent person [some would describe me as a loner] and while I'm certainly no slave to peer validation, being the odd man out does get a bit tiring at times.

Wow. You just described my love/hate relationship with Harleys to a tee. The more I ride Harleys, the more I appreciate BMWs - and visa versa. Yet, I too do not fit in with the Harley "herd" - I wear textile jackets, a fullface helmet, I think loud pipes are obnoxious, I think chrome is overrated and needs too much cleaning and I think chaps are for the Village People.

Yet, there's something about the torque and ergos of a Harley that keeps me going back.

That said, my more recent experience with an '07 FLTR has probably put me off of Harley for the foreseeable future. (I'm also finding that the ST has exceeded my expectations on almost every front.)

It's just a big party favor.

Look, I apoligise to those out there who have Harleys and know how to ride them. Perhaps I'm off base and out of line but it seems to me that most who buy Harleys just want to be cool (lemmings). I've known to many owners who have regretted owning one. I've talked to folks on em and walked away thinking, Geez, that guy shouldn't be on a bike, period. I've riden to many bone shakers and Harley takes the cake. To me it's the whole "Look at me, I ride a Harley!" I know there are exceptions to the rule and you are probabley the ones reading this.

Some do buy them to look cool. Most of us buy them because we like the feel and/or the styling. I confess the compliments I get on the bike are pleasing, but its not the reason I ride what I ride.

Solo5a.jpg

That is one beautiful, beautiful bike!! Harley owns the meaning of beautiful on that one. I'll have to check Wikipedia to see if your bike comes up under "gorgeous". I can't imagaine the compliments you must get. thumbsup.gif

Wow. You just described my love/hate relationship with Harleys to a tee. The more I ride Harleys, the more I appreciate BMWs - and visa versa. Yet, I too do not fit in with the Harley "herd" - I wear textile jackets, a fullface helmet, I think loud pipes are obnoxious, I think chrome is overrated and needs too much cleaning and I think chaps are for the Village People.

Yet, there's something about the torque and ergos of a Harley that keeps me going back.

I'm not sure who cares what you wear or how much chrome you add to the bike. We have HD riders in our group who would pass for sportbikers if you didn't see their bikes: Armored mesh jackets, FF helmets, etc. Admittedly, they are in the minority, but the point is no one really cares. One of my friends, who also owns a GS and a few antiques, rides a Dresser with no added bling at all. Nobody cares and we just ride, so I don't buy into this idea that you must be harbor a herd or conformist mentality to own a Harley, regardless of the ad referred to originally in this thread. That's Madison Avenue, and like most ads not a reflection of reality.

Oh, and chaps are really quite functional. You can remove them easily and store them when the weather warms. They aren't the only such option, but they are not just for show. Chrome? Hard to clean? No! Brother you are right there, and these things are a real pain to keep clean, especially when you have chrome and a dark paint color. You really hate to see them get dirty, though.

Bill_Walker

Yeah. That there is a perfect example of one of the main reasons I got rid of my Road King. It was a great bike for a slow, easy, sightseeing ride. But I couldn't buy in to the religion, and I always felt out of place with Harley people.

That, and the thing wallowed like a pig in 75 mph sweepers.

I don't know what kind of HD folks you were riding with, but I know of none that won't gladly welcome a BMW rider to a group ride. Further, they couldn't care less about coaxing riders of other brands to "buy into the religion," whatever that means.

I never said they weren't nice people, or that they weren't welcoming. I said that I felt out of place among them. And by "the religion" I mean, well, just watch the linked video that started this thread, full of "we believe"s. It wasn't for me. When I found this place, and got together with some of the folks here, I had a very strong "these are my people" feeling.

There's nothing wrong with Harley riders. I've had some very pleasant times with Harley riders, and nice conversations with riders I've met on the road. Most Harley riders nowadays are not the stereotypical 1%-ers (even if they do try to dress that way).

As for your "wallowing" Road King, some bikers don't want to go 75 in the sweepers and prefer a more laid-back riding style. If you want to ride in a sporting manner a cruiser is probably a bad choice for you.

You're absolutely right. I enjoyed the "go slow and enjoy the scenery" type of riding on the RK for a year or so, but after that my natural tendency toward speed took over, and the RK wasn't the right bike for that. I could hustle the bike through twisties and sweepers (one reason I chose a Road King was for its greater lean clearance), but ultimately it wasn't the right tool for the job I wanted it to do. It is a beautiful bike with lots of character, and I found it very practical for touring, with the exception that the limited suspension travel didn't mix well with my two herniated lumbar discs on rough roads, which was another reason for getting rid of it.

After all, it's not what you ride, but that ride.

I absolutely agree. I'll wave to, and talk to, anyone on two wheels. But different people prefer different things, which is the reason they make different kinds of bikes. And this is a sport-touring forum, after all, so you have to expect a certain bias.

I never said they weren't nice people, or that they weren't welcoming. I said that I felt out of place among them. And by "the religion" I mean, well, just watch the linked video that started this thread, full of "we believe"s. It wasn't for me.

Well, to be honest I don't maintain a philosophical commonality with many of them either, but I am attracted to the feel of the bikes and the riding experience. I do have accumulated some great friendships in this time, to be sure, but while many bask in the camaradarie and social aspects of the phenomenon, I'm out riding (or reading forums). They can socialize while I'm out on the backroads.

There's nothing wrong with Harley riders. I've had some very pleasant times with Harley riders, and nice conversations with riders I've met on the road. Most Harley riders nowadays are not the stereotypical 1%-ers (even if they do try to dress that way).

Nowadays the 1%-ers comprise much less than 1% of the riding population. You're right that there are many posers, but that is their thing and I don't criticize them for it. Sportbikers ride too fast for my taste, but again that is what they like to do. I like to sit back and enjoy the scenery, and there's no reason everyone can't engage in their riding niche without being bashed by someone who likes another type of riding, social structure, or dress code. This attitude that my bike, computer, religion, or political party is the only answer is why strife is so rampant. [/soapbox]

You're absolutely right. I enjoyed the "go slow and enjoy the scenery" type of riding on the RK for a year or so, but after that my natural tendency toward speed took over, and the RK wasn't the right bike for that. I could hustle the bike through twisties and sweepers (one reason I chose a Road King was for its greater lean clearance), but ultimately it wasn't the right tool for the job I wanted it to do. It is a beautiful bike with lots of character, and I found it very practical for touring, with the exception that the limited suspension travel didn't mix well with my two herniated lumbar discs on rough roads, which was another reason for getting rid of it.

Well, what affinity I had for speed at a younger age has degenerated to something far less frenetic. At 60 being aware of my mortality makes me fear gravel on every curve, or deer in every thicket.

After all, it's not what you ride, but that ride.

I absolutely agree. I'll wave to, and talk to, anyone on two wheels. But different people prefer different things, which is the reason they make different kinds of bikes. And this is a sport-touring forum, after all, so you have to expect a certain bias.

Well said. Bias toward a favored activity is okay, but irreverence and intolerance toward others with a different riding style isn't appropriate anywhere, IMO, and that's my central point here.

That is one beautiful, beautiful bike!! Harley owns the meaning of beautiful on that one. I'll have to check Wikipedia to see if your bike comes up under "gorgeous". I can't imagaine the compliments you must get. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the nice compliment. Yes, it gets lots of attention, and although the styling and color are what attracted me to it, I've quickly learned how much I've missed not having a stereo on previous bikes! He who discounts the value of a stereo on a bike is he who has never owned one! I also am a gauge freak and like having the information at a glance, but miss the ability to remove the windshield. Alas, nothing's perfect and you can't have everything in one bike.

BTW, the Tour Pak is quick-release and is dismounted 99% of the time.

I've quickly learned how much I've missed not having a stereo on previous bikes! He who discounts the value of a stereo on a bike is he who has never owned one!
Agreed! Much like heated grips, you don't appreciate an onboard stereo until you've had one. And Harley's HK stereo totally blows BMW's away.
Agreed! Much like heated grips, you don't appreciate an onboard stereo until you've had one. And Harley's HK stereo totally blows BMW's away.

Well, I haven't moved to heated grips yet, but do love my Gerbing heated gloves! BTW, the HK stereo is quite good, but add some Hogtunes speakers and it really comes alive.

........ Alas, nothing's perfect and you can't have everything in one bike.

EXACTLY!!! That is why we must own as many bikes as possible. clap.gif

Bill_Walker

Well, I haven't moved to heated grips yet, but do love my Gerbing heated gloves! BTW, the HK stereo is quite good, but add some Hogtunes speakers and it really comes alive.

My brother-in-law, who rides a Heritage Softtail, laughed at heated grips... until I bought him a set of the H-D ones for a birthday or Christmas present (forget which) and he tried them out!

........ Alas, nothing's perfect and you can't have everything in one bike.

EXACTLY!!! That is why we must own as many bikes as possible. clap.gif

John, Getcha a 650 Suzuki V Strom. Really nice bike. You'll love it.

ISYHTRAH

OK, lets keep this thread going... Its a good 'un.

The Harley is the best thing that could have happened to BMW.

Think about it. Hundreds of thousands of people are on Harleys, maybe millions, who might not have been in the moto lifestyle except for the marketing and public acceptance of the H-D concept. Also notice the demogrtaphic. There is huge wave of baby boomers who are in the phase of their life where they have a little free time, the kids are out of the nest and they have money.

So they buy Harleys, then learn they like the riding lifestyle, and some of them, some... decide there is more to motorcycling than the H-D thing. The "some" is enough to fuel increased sales of other styles of bikes, and BMW will get its share of that added sales volume. (and I might add, the warm or cold reaction of the BMW crowd will either help or hurt that transition)... but I digress. (but since I have already digressed... why are SO many of the BMW shops so snooty? They must be buying into the BMW auto bullsh*t of exclusiveness. A total error on their part. I WISH, I could go into a BMW dealership and a get a warm welcome. Hey I have money and I want to give them some of it... if they are nice. Otherwise, I walk out. It must have been the $600 Harley leather jacket I was wearing...)

I was about to sell my Road Glide to make room for a K12GT. The more I looked at the whole package, the more I was convinced that the Glide fits me better. More comfort, ease of use, lower maintenance, and I could go on. the Glide is off the market.

I still have the R1100R. It is a great bike. I can do short tours on it and sporty riding when alone. I may change to an older K1200RS, but then I have to make considerable investment in making it ergonomically useable.

I like both. Different tools for different jobs. NO "social" messages or stigma matter that much to me. I have been riding since 1958... not once has a decision about what I ride been based on what I think other people think of me because of that decision.

We now return you to your previously recorded program....

Bob--Well put. I think that the points you make are often lost in the midst of our tut-tutting over perceived deficiencies of the v-twin crowd. The incredible success of Harley-Davidson has really changed the motorcycling landscape in the U.S., generally in a positive way.

No need to be sorry Wyn, I choose to ride the Harley.

And besides, who would turn down a pretty motorcycle like that when it's free? thumbsup.gif

yeah, the wee strom balances my Mean Streak, my 83 UJM and this:

2006-Harley-Davidson-FLSTNISoftailDeluxea-small.jpg

which will be in house next month.

My neighbor recently bought one of these, the "Skunk" (black and white) like the one in your photo, and it is classic. I rode it and was surprised how nimble it was for a Softail, which with the long rake has never been my favorite platform. It feels like a much smaller bike in its ability to whip around nimbly in urban traffic.

If you haven't ridden one yet you may be surprised.

My brother-in-law, who rides a Heritage Softtail, laughed at heated grips... until I bought him a set of the H-D ones for a birthday or Christmas present (forget which) and he tried them out!

I bought the Gerbing heated gloves when I owned my Road King, which had no hand protection from the wind. The outside warmth afforded by these gloves was just the ticket for that bike, but with the new bike's fairing I think inside warmth might be preferable. That said, I find working around the grips, throttle, and switch housings to be intimidating and will squelch the urge to install heated grips, for the time being at least. Dealing with the wires for the gloves is almost as intimidating, though.

I have many friends who own Harleys. I've owned one (Road King). They love them. We rarely ever ride together though, and never tour together. Our riding styles are just that different.

baggerchris

I love Smokey the Harley. We got him new ten years ago this Father's day. If I could only have one bike, HD would be it. A new one for me would certainly be different tho, as I have the solid mount, no counterbalancer Evo 5 speed. The new ones like him have a 96 CI engine instead of his 80; Counterbalancing for smoothness; and 6 speeds.

I am looking forward to retirement in 2.7 years; maybe getting a new one and riding across the Country. My only caveat is if they bring out the Vrod motor in a decent Chassis, I will opt for that.

Bill_Walker

I bought the Gerbing heated gloves when I owned my Road King, which had no hand protection from the wind. The outside warmth afforded by these gloves was just the ticket for that bike, but with the new bike's fairing I think inside warmth might be preferable. That said, I find working around the grips, throttle, and switch housings to be intimidating and will squelch the urge to install heated grips, for the time being at least. Dealing with the wires for the gloves is almost as intimidating, though.

Gerbings are great, and I've got some, too. Heated grips are for when it's just a bit too chilly for the gloves you have on, but not cold enough for Gerbings. Or when you just don't want to stop and change gloves.

I think H-D's heated grips are easier to install (and, of course, more expensive) than most, since the controller is built into the grip and the grips aren't a friction fit on the bar (IIRC).

Bill_Walker
So they buy Harleys, then learn they like the riding lifestyle, and some of them, some... decide there is more to motorcycling than the H-D thing. The "some" is enough to fuel increased sales of other styles of bikes, and BMW will get its share of that added sales volume.

I was talking to a sales guy at a local BMW dealership once, and he mentioned they make a lot of sales to people coming off Harleys. He joked that they should advertise a special on tatoo removal.

I think I might be labeled a BMW guy, given that I have owned my R65 for 21 years, and anticipate riding my '05 R1150RT for at least ten years. But I am an open minded BMW guy.

About an hour ago, I had an '07 Harley XL1200N delivered. The bike had 250 miles on it, and the previous owner rode it 200 miles in the rain to deliver it to me. He even showed up with a full tank of gas. He and his girlfriend then had to drive 200 miles back home. Didn't charge me a cent for delivery.

Now I just have remove the very few chrome pieces, and I have a nice little hooligan bike for local riding.

88e1_1.JPG

)... but I digress. (but since I have already digressed... why are SO many of the BMW shops so snooty? They must be buying into the BMW auto bullsh*t of exclusiveness. A total error on their part. I WISH, I could go into a BMW dealership and a get a warm welcome.

These are the type of quotes that flame up responses. Why would you generalize the dealers as snooty? It would be like me saying "All Harley Davidson dealers are 'Crank' or 'Meth' heads". I feel both Harley Davidson and BMW owners are a bit outside the norm because they enjoy the "Exclusiveness" of spending a few extra dollars (compared to a japanese inexpensive alternative) to get the toy and enjoyment they want. We spend big bucks on our bikes. To say all BMW dealers are snooty and imply H-D dealers are not is somewhat snooty on your own. I don't think your response is clear and fair. I have dealt with both brands of bikes and they want to sell bikes to people who can afford them. I'm sure both BMW and H-D get more looky-loo's than many other brands. Aren't you being snooty?

Steve

Great looking bike. This is one of the best looks Harley has come up with in a while. HD can do retro. Congrats. clap.gif

baggerchris

Snooty? Boy that rings my bell. I bought Smokey new and the dealer was the nicest guy and wife in the world. He retired and the whole flavor has changed and I don't do much in there anymore. I know several HD dealers that were snooty at one time and now are "lovey Dovey". I have also seen Beemer dealers who were snooty, but I have to tell you the two I deal with in Sacto and Modesto Ca., are Very competent and very nice. A&S in Sacto especially are nice to work with. Some of the rudest dealers I have ever met were the Suzuki Dealers (2) that would not let me take a test ride. Then after I buys a Beemer, I goes into the Honda Dealership in Roseville Ca., (not one of the 2 above) and guess what? THEY are nice as pie. I tell you, there is just no figuring it out. I asked the Honda/Yamaha Dealer in Sonora Ca. one time for a ride and he flipped me the keys and said "have a good time" WOW! How about that? I will only buy a bike from a dealer who will trust me to test ride. The only exception is a dealer who is so small, he doesn't have the bike to ride. (he would let me ride one if he had it, but this particular bike(FJR) was not growing on trees.)

)... but I digress. (but since I have already digressed... why are SO many of the BMW shops so snooty? They must be buying into the BMW auto bullsh*t of exclusiveness. A total error on their part. I WISH, I could go into a BMW dealership and a get a warm welcome.

These are the type of quotes that flame up responses. Why would you generalize the dealers as snooty? It would be like me saying "All Harley Davidson dealers are 'Crank' or 'Meth' heads". I feel both Harley Davidson and BMW owners are a bit outside the norm because they enjoy the "Exclusiveness" of spending a few extra dollars (compared to a japanese inexpensive alternative) to get the toy and enjoyment they want. We spend big bucks on our bikes. To say all BMW dealers are snooty and imply H-D dealers are not is somewhat snooty on your own. I don't think your response is clear and fair. I have dealt with both brands of bikes and they want to sell bikes to people who can afford them. I'm sure both BMW and H-D get more looky-loo's than many other brands. Aren't you being snooty?

What I said was Why are "So many...BMW shops so snooty". I did not say ALL.

Me not being "Fair"? Of course I'm fair. Basing what I said on a one-time observation might not be fair, but multiple times, over multiple locations and a general impression emerges.

I confess, I have never been into a BMW dealership in California. That is one of the biggest, if not the the single biggest market in maybe the world. Perhaps things are different there.

If you do not agree with me that is fine. You have a different opinion, and have had different experiences, no big deal.

What I said was Why are "So many...BMW shops so snooty". I did not say ALL.

Me not being "Fair"? Of course I'm fair. Basing what I said on a one-time observation might not be fair, but multiple times, over multiple locations and a general impression emerges.

I confess, I have never been into a BMW dealership in California. That is one of the biggest, if not the the single biggest market in maybe the world. Perhaps things are different there.

If you do not agree with me that is fine. You have a different opinion, and have had different experiences, no big deal.

You are correct. I ment to say so many Harley Davidson dealers are crank and meth heads.....

You are correct. I ment to say so many Harley Davidson dealers are crank and meth heads.....

Absolutely- I totally agree about the H-D shops, but the problem over at the BMW shop is they are always drinking Chardonnay and have their pinkies stuck in the air... oh sir, care for a canape'?

Snooty? Boy that rings my bell. I bought Smokey new and the dealer was the nicest guy and wife in the world. He retired and the whole flavor has changed and I don't do much in there anymore.

I have a similar tale that relates to how things have changed. In 1997 I was looking for a docking kit for my Road King and for some reason they were backordered and nobody seemed to have them. On a whim, I called a very small dealer 100 miles from my location (Johnny Davis HD, Alexandria, LA). Mr. Johnny, the owner of the small mom-and-pop shop for decades, answered the phone and to my astonishment said he had one. I asked if he'd send it to me and he said he would, then got my address and thanked me as he began to hang up. Whoa! What about my credit card number? Mr. Johnny said, "Oh, just send me a check when you get the part." Well, that check was in the mail within hours after I received the part, and I called later to verify he had gotten it. What service and trust! I found out later he had a reputation for doing that type of thing to people who were stranded on the road needing parts and/or repairs. I'll wager nobody ever cheated that old man.

Now the shop has been sold to a group of attorneys after HD pressured Johnny Davis to expand and modernize the shop, something he didn't want to do. The shop is 20x larger and is much more modern in appearance, like a typical Sears store or Chevrolet dealership. Do you think they would do this today? Maybe it's bad business practice to do what Mr. Johnny did, but I'll never forget it.

Who the Hell cares? Every time we have these threads, we get into a pissing match that turns personal. I love my BMW 06 1200 RT. Best bike I've owned and ridden. But, I haven't ridden a Harley and have always wanted to and maybe even own. Geez, this gets tiresome. Let's agree to disagree, but frankly, whatever turns you on is ok with me and I have as many Harley guys who wave to me as I pass, as BMW guys. So, what's, the difference?

Just found this thread, I am looking for a late model Road King to go with my 1150 GS. I had a 01 Superglide and I really miss it. Something about the throbing of a "Big Twin", and people come up and start talking to you when riding a HD. I will keep the GS so I can keep my mechanic skills current. lmao.gif Belt final drive is a wonderful thing. clap.gif

Cheers

Steve (01 GS)

Steve

You're in luck. I f you check the HD Forum, you'll read a thread about one guy's lamenting the days of high resale value. It seems all these bikes have met the supply and demand issues of recent years. Good luck.

Yea, the HD used prices are coming down but not very fast. Not like BMW used prices. Which HD forum were you refering to?

Steve

I have to agree with SpaceKing. As I watched the video, I began to look around to see who's parody it was lmao.gif

Everything said H-D lmao.gif

I finally came to the realization that the ad was "real," not just some freak show. I have to say that I don't know any H-D riders that look like those folks on the ads (maybe I live a sheltered life).

I have never had anyone ridicule any bike I've ridden (at least, to my face). Riding bikes is about having fun and seeing places and meeting great folks. A big enough tent for everyone.

grin.gif

I spent quite a bit of time looking at MCs before I bought my Harley.The Harley dealer for me is about 5 min from my house.The nearest BMW dealer is in Pittsburgh,Pa.For me, thats 2 hours away.My suggestion would be that if you want more BMWs on the road.Then build a better dealer network.As it was,I drove down to the dealer in Pittsburg and looked at what he had.To make a long story short I bought the Harley,a Electria Glide standard because at 6'6" 270lbs it "fit" me the best.And I put the time and effort to look at just about everything.

A 2005 now with 20000 miles.Its been perfict.It has not leaked a drop of oil or gave me any problems of any kind.It gets 46s MPG.Its comfortable.In fact its very comfortable.

I just started riding two up.If you think riding by yourself is fun then take your honey along.Now that is fun.My EG handles two up riding with no problem at all.Actually hard to tell at times shes back there.

Would I ever buy a BMW? Sure I would.I've spent some time looking at a LT.Just a great looking bike.But again No dealer close.And that is a PIA.

If BMW would get there heads out of there butts and build a better dealer network.I think you would see alot more BMWs on the road.

2005_0116Image0012.jpg

dave thumbsup.gif

"If BMW would get there heads out of there butts and build a better dealer network.I think you would see alot more BMWs on the road."

Amen!!!

tom collins

2nd that. hd dealer 4 miles, 12 miles, 15 miles, 35 miles, 38 miles, 60 miles.

bmw dealer 110 miles in two directions.

i bought mine (3rd one) and dealer closed a year later. been nearly 2 years now, no dealer in a population center of at least 1/2 million souls. last bmw for me unless they get it together.

bike has been very good and we have an ind. shop where the old dlr was. i hope it stays running well.

tom collins

Actually it wasn't that long ago when BMW had a reasonable dealer network. If they hadn't closed most of the smaller dealers and pressured out so many of the multi line dealers the network would still be there. sometimes I think BMW would be happy not selling motorcycles at all, or maybe they are going ofter the Harley poser market. Abandon the "riders" for the people tha just like to putt around town once a month. dopeslap.gif

tom collins

Mad: i agree. the history of our former dealer is similar. i first met them when they had a small shop with maybe 3 or 4 bikes in the showroom and gear piled and stacked asshole to elbow all over the place. it had about a 3 bay service facility. everyone was very energetic and excited about being there, this was the late 90s. they were one of the top 10 sellers then so they were probably making good money with low overhead. then, they moved into a very large facility. everything spread out, more bikes inside and larger service area, but $5,000 per month, even in winter not counting utilities. that was the beginning of the end and it took about 4 more years until they closed their doors. i never got around to asking the dealer if he was pressured into doing that or if it was his idea, but it sure didn't work for such a boutique product. if he had wave runners or quads to sell in the off bike seasons, he might have been ok. i think that all of the shops that have gone out recently have had a similar story in that they started out as successful small shops then moved to large fancy facilities and got killed by the large price jumps the bikes took when they went from the 1150 series to the 1200 series and buyers got sticker shock. i hope the few that are left in the middle of the country can hold on. they seem to do ok on the coasts. here's hoping.

tom collins

bakerzdosen

So, I've noticed the Harley credo (the short version) during Sportscenter a coupla times recently. Kinda funny as it starts out as the web version does, then goes into "We believe in not working for the man for years just to afford to ride with us" or something similar. It then moves into their financing deal of the moment.

Honestly, I couldn't find a whole lot to make fun of, beyond the fact that they need to advertise at this point - something that hasn't been needed in the past with all of the demand their other marketing has created.

I was going to post my other BMWNA experience yesterday, but it's just far enough OT that it belongs in another thread.

Archived