IGNORED

New F800ST

bikebits

I picked up my F800ST yesterday and had a nice easy meander home on back roads. (When told of my route, the dealer said that makes me a "Meanderthal".) smirk.gif

There is enough of a hum from the engine to let you know it's a twin, but it's way smoother than my old R1150R at speed. Combined with the aerodynamic bodywork, I found myself consistently going 15-20 km/h faster than the R, when I thought I was going the same speed. At the same time the trip computer tells me I got 66mpg for an average speed of 83 km/h, city and highway.

And LIGHT and FLICKABLE! It reminded me of riding my old 400 Suzuki. The gearbox works very smoothly, although the clutch is pretty noisy, kind of a 'wet' Ducati.

The one thing the 1150 had was bags more torque. To be fair, it had 150% the displacement and currently I'm restricted to 50% of the 800's rev limit, so that will be easily overcome. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Unfortunately the digital camera is getting its sensor replaced under warranty. When I get the photo CD back from the film camera I'll give it a go.

Unfortunately the digital camera is getting its sensor replaced under warranty.

I didn't know BMW also built cameras.

Archived