IGNORED

New toy for the garage

ericfoerster

ericfoerster

I scored an awesome new K today from one of our very own board members. As you can tell is was abused and needed rescued.

I only did about 380 miles on her today, but she runs like a top. This thing is like brand new thumbsup.gif

Here are a few snappers of the new girl.

k1.jpg

k3.jpg

k4.jpg

k5.jpg

k6.jpg

That bike is immaculate and I really like the custom touches.

I hope you can work around the underpowered motor. tongue.gif

Enjoy! She looks like a winner.

I scored an awesome new K today from one of our very own board members. As you can tell is was abused and needed rescued.

.............. This thing is like brand new thumbsup.gif

if you acquired Her from who I think you did, She's in BETTER condition then new smile.gif

Congrats thumbsup.gif

Well now that your on that machine I will just see you in Torrey instead of trying to ride with you to Torrey.

I had enuff trouble when I was trying to keep you in sight when you were on that borrowed Yamathing.

Beautifull Bike.

JerryMather
Well now that your on that machine I will just see you in Torrey instead of trying to ride with you to Torrey.

I had enuff trouble when I was trying to keep you in sight when you were on that borrowed Yamathing.

Beautifull Bike.

Not to worry Wurty..............You can always keep me company. Just stay behind me, so I don't have to ride threw that dirty air of yours. lmao.gif

FYI: The General came out yesterday and rode with us for a little while. The first thing out of his mouth was," Where's Norah" dopeslap.gif

I told him, she's affraid of the Crest Krew. lmao.gif

JerryMather

"Turbo K"

I like the way you think Jerry thumbsup.gif

I can make that happen.... but then I'll have to do it to mine too. dopeslap.gif

That bike looks absolutely perfect!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!!!!

How many trips have you made out just to take another "quick peak" at her?????

Congratulations clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Hey gang, I was really sad to see my pride and joy leave, but having never seen my own bike, IT LOOKED SHARP!! wink.gif I've always said it: there's no better looking bike than the mighty K. Better? Yes, but not better looking.

Having said that, can't think of a better person than Eric to be the new owner of my beauty; he's a super guy.

These machines are meant to be ridden, and it was just not going to happen in the foreseeable future, so I decided it was time to find her a better home. Plus not having time to deal with a possible seal leak, or other inherent K 'character' issues (plus no dealer 300 miles around), it was time to let her go, and get something more mundane, like an FJR. Sure, I'll miss its uniqueness, and all those BMW features we all here love (cruise, para/telelever, servo brakes -I DO like them-, etc), but such is life. I'll be happy to read Eric's excellent road tales and see my beauty doing what she likes < he he>.

Anyway, so are you sold on the mighty K's electric smoothness, Eric? Did you like the riding position? The cruise? More than anything, I was really glad you see you happy, and that you found the bike in better shape than you expected. It was worth not having 'touched' her even with my knees or belly (none, actually), so she'd be in perfect shape for her future owner (wife always tells me I take care of my vehicles for somebody else crazy.gif). Take care my friend, and hope that you perpetuate the feature that made my bike special: IT NEVER TOUCHED THE GROUND.

Take care all.

JerryMather
I'll be happy to read Eric's excellent road tales and see my beauty doing what she likes .

Take care my friend, and hope that you perpetuate the feature that made my bike special: IT NEVER TOUCHED THE GROUND.

OH SURE.........He'll take care just like he did to his Dad's FJR. lmao.gif

Hey Eric, Think'll get up to a buck sixty in Torrey?

ericfoerster

JC,

Let me just make an unconditional endorsement of your personal items. I’d buy anything you sell sight unseen. The condition of this bike is impeccable in every regard. I am stunned at the detail of your work. This is everything from the custom screens you’ve installed to the surgically clean engine area. I have no doubt that this bike is in better condition now then when it rolled off the showroom floor.

My impressions so far are as follows:

It turns a bit quicker than the FJR does

It is ultra-stable on the slab

The cruise control is awesome

No shortage of power

Comfortable riding position

The seat is perfect for me

The factory light worked surprisingly well (Thanks BMW, they are usually horrible)

The sound; it’s a turbine

Knowing the mileage issues I fully expected to see some short gas stops. I got 170 out of one tank before the fuel light came on. A little more mileage would be better, but it is not a deal breaker for everything else this bike does so well.

I would like an additional 2 to 3 inches in a stock shaped windshield and I’d be real happy. I am shocked at the amount of wind protection that the bodywork does provide. During one downpour my jeans never got wet in about 20 of miles of riding,

Happy is an understatement. I am thrilled to have this scooter in the fleet and look forward to some twisty testing soon.

Many thanks JC

ps..don't listen to Jerry. I think he was watching another FJR rider and not me. Howard will tell you that I never broke the speed limit and I washed the bike at every gas stop. I ride like an old lady going to church. Thats my story tongue.gif

(Howard, the cigars are on me in the fall)

BruceLaQuinta

Congrats Eric. Nice looking scoot.

I tried sending you a PM, but your mailbox is full?

Again, congrats!

Thanks for that endorsement Eric; really means a lot to me. Seems you're really happy with the bike; I'm happy for you too.

Looks like you're a candidate for one of a ton of aftermarket windscreens available. I'd avoid the 'touring' OEM version because it scratches by just looking at it the wrong way. On the plus side, it has no visible holes; tough call on that one. Do a search and am sure you'll find the one you need. If you get an A/M, get a tinted one; they look a lot better, and they hide inevitable scratches much better. I bet you can find one for cheap on the classifieds or Ebay. It's tricky to remove the 'plugs' that hold the windscreen in place; the best way is with a socket (can't remember size) that forces the 'claws' inward, so they just slide out. It'll make sense once you scrutinize them up close.

And remember you can always call me for any questions you may have, next week or next year; you have my numbers.

Best of luck, and again, it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife (hope she's doing better). Hope to see you in Cloudcroft sometime in the future, and meet your Dad too.

That's a beautiful bike Eric. I always thought the K12rs in black was stunning thumbsup.gif

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as ...

310287-mar2004.gif

ericfoerster

Aren't they great? I like that color too.

Yep, she is a sweet flying thing. I got an extended warranty to cover those "BMW" issues if they ever crop up. I was envious watching you and Laney cleaning yours up at the end of the day at Torrey. I've always had a soft spot for them and now was the time to get my own thumbsup.gif

I always tend to buy things that appeal to my eye. This scooter also performs as good as she looks. It is a shame it won't fit through the front door as it would be in the living room with me right now!

texasaggie97

Foerster,

So I have lost count of all the toys in the garage. Has Spencer taken that motercycle class. I mean him and dad need to do some riding. Wow, hey congrats on the scooter and I hope we can get togeter sometime in the near future. I hope to make the spring Torey I would love to meet up with you and Chas.

Todd

Archived