IGNORED

He's back!

bmweerman

Maybe it was my lack of positive energy to give him, I struggled to maintain some sort of store of it through the past several weeks, but was able to recharge via the excursions away from the hospital and from the comments on the blogs. I felt like I was running on empty from the ride home and unable to fill that void. The visit from his close friend, Lewis, may have given him what I couldn't.

Perhaps it's the oxicodon finally wearing off and lifting the clouds from his brain.

His pain may be decreasing as things heal.

Whatever the cause, Cameron is back on Earth. The vicodin brings on a mental haze during the first couple of hours, but he's still so much better functioning than before. He intellegently discusses things with me and has gained control of his motor skills - maneuvering his chair around the house and is better at transferring himself from chair to couch or bed. He's working on the podcast and the article he had started, and making progress on both. It takes a little longer to do some of these things, and he sometimes has some brief memory lapse after a nap, but he's back and that's all I'm concerned about.

Despite the physical adjustments that we've had to make, it's feeling a little more normal around here, more like home. clap.gif

russell_bynum

He intellegently discusses things with me and has gained control of his motor skills -

Are we sure this is the same guy?

thumbsup.gif

lmao.gif

I hate taking meds because of the haze it puts me in. I have enough trouble pretending to be coherent on a day to day basis. The last thing I need is drugs messing me up even more.

I'm glad he's back to his old self.

Perhaps it's the oxicodon finally wearing off and lifting the clouds from his brain. <SNIP> The vicodin brings on a mental haze during the first couple of hours...

Glad to hear about the progress. Both these meds are pretty powerful and possibly addictive. Shouldn't be a problem short term, but something to keep an eye on.

I knew someone who was prescribed these for pain and ended up so loopy that she kept forgetting she had taken it so she kept taking pills. She walked around the house for hours in a daze playing with the buttons on the phone.

Keep up the good work... both of you.

Hurray for BOTH of you. clap.gifclap.gif

Those hard times make us appreciate the good times that we all take for granted. It is great you are home and fantastic that you are seeing the real Cameron again. The drugs are a temporary thing and that issue can be dealt with when the time comes. With my foot injury, I have had downed more Vicodin than I want to think about. When the pain starts to subside, I am sure he will want to be off the pills. Most people I know don't like to be bumping around in some narcotic haze. I just knew he was a fighter, from your description of him and that will get him through the rest of the way. The mind is a very powerful part of healing.

Patti-keep your chin up too. wave.gif

hurrah!!

thanks for letting us know, and continue to take good care of yourself!

all my best

That's good to hear, Patti. Now take care of yourself also.

To someone coming into this late, can someone offer a summary? I've read through what is still available, but many (I'm guessing) of Patti's posts have rolled off. I feel like I'm here for the answer but missed the question. confused.gif Thnx.

I have all the posts on my personal blog at: http://people.bakersfield.com/home/Blog/camsgirl

The gist of it? Well, while on a ride in New Mexico he went of the road, crashed, and wound up with 5 broken ribs, a punctured/collapsed lung, a badly broken lower right leg, broken left ankle, pneumonia, and possible neck injury (that's currently being investigated). He spent almost 3 weeks in ICU in a Farmington hospital, then a couple of days in a regular room before being discharged to go home and pursue follow up surgeries with doctors in Bakersfield.

Thanks for the synopsis, Patti. I really didn't expect you to be responding to my question, yourself, with all you have going on, but thanks for the link. I guess I have some reading to catch up on. blush.gif

I guess you are living the motorcyclist's spouse's worst nightmare! eek.gif Maybe I won't tell Jane about this quite yet. tongue.gif We wish you continued strength for each day's challenges, and continued improvement for both of you. thumbsup.gif

Archived