IGNORED

PIAA 1100x

suraklyn

I'm looking to pick up the PIAA 1100x kit for my ST, but I wanted to find out if anyone had any issues wiring it in with the new CANBUS system.

Anyone out there had any experience with this?

Works fine, main power to the battery with the relay trigger wire wired to my aux fuse block. You would need to decide where to tap a switched power source for you particular bike.

Rocket_Cowboy
Works fine, main power to the battery with the relay trigger wire wired to my aux fuse block. You would need to decide where to tap a switched power source for you particular bike.

That's the way to do it right there. thumbsup.gif

Awesome. Good to know.

• 2 weeks later...

So I picked up the kit and installed it over the weekend... mostly... After installing the wiring harness, I hooked up the lights to make sure everything was working; the lights came on when they should and didn't when they shouldn't... awesome, so it was time to mount the lights...

I found no good mounting point on the front end of my ST for the included mounting brackets (I did get the kit that was made for the ST, RT, R, and S). The destructions said there should be some mounting points towards the top of the fender, but the best I could locate were some flimsy screws holding the fender together that I wouldn't dare use as a mount point.

Any pictures of how you physically mounted the lights on the front end of your particular bike?

Can't help with mounting PIAA 1100x's on your bike. But one suggestion is to apply some dielectric grease to the bulb pins which have a tendency to corrode and break off due to moisture getting into the light housing. I did this on mine and they've worked well for over a year.

Archived