OEM oil filter prices

MGN54

What's everybody paying for an oem filter. Just purchased one for $17.96. This seems high to me. May have to look for a good aftermarket. K&N maybe. I just don't remember paying that much for my last filter.

Thanks!

A&S raised their prices. I paid $14 and change for the last OEM filter.

beemerboneyard.com sells Bosch for about half that. I plan on buyer from him next time.

that is really alot of hard earned $ for a oil filter personally i use WIX filters that run around $5.00 here locally

Suggest you call Chicago BMW and ask them how much they are with their 20% discount. BMW OEM price is HIGH (I agree frown.gif ), but it is a high quality filter.

Come and buy one in Australia ! I'm looking at the receipt for the one I bought from my local dealer on Friday..... $37.15 (US$31.40 as at todays rate...).

Don

HiFlo HF-163 about 8 bucks. Buy one, look at it, compare it to a BMW filter, other than what is written on the outside try and find the difference.

JON

ShovelStrokeEd

Nothing cheap about buying a functionally equivalent part for less money, that just makes good sense. For the usage most BMWs get, even the much maligned Fram filters will probably do an adequate job. Regular 6000 mile filter changes, along with fresh oil, do not make for a very demanding environment. The filter only removes particulate matter from the oil, not contaminants, and with a healthy engine, there shouldn't really be much of that at all.

Nothing cheap about buying a functionally equivalent part for less money, that just makes good sense. For the usage most BMWs get, even the much maligned Fram filters will probably do an adequate job. Regular 6000 mile filter changes, along with fresh oil, do not make for a very demanding environment. The filter only removes particulate matter from the oil, not contaminants, and with a healthy engine, there shouldn't really be much of that at all.

Thats the way I have always thought about it. I get my filters at Autozone..........I use either the Bosch Premiums or Mobil 1. Either way, they are a good $10 cheaper than ones with BMW stamped on it.

I copied this lists of compatible filters from this forum a few years ago.

RT Oil Filter Numbers List from all avaiable manufactors

The Wal-Mart filter is the SuperTech ST3614. Only a few bucks per filter and they work fine.

NAPA Gold Oil Filter #1348

Mobil 1 Oil Filter line : "M1 - 102".

AMSOIL: ASF-57

AC DELCO: PF-53

FRAM: PH-3614, PH6063

Hastings: 157A, LF157

Motorcraft: FL-271, FL-793

Purolator: FCO-201, PER-241

Wix: 51348, 51785

MANN W712/38

SAAB 9144445

Perf-form BMW-1