IGNORED

Arctic Circle

WBoyter

There might be a story in here....

I want to hear it, I'm heading to AK on 7/20. What tires are those & how were they in gravel? lurker.gif

Metzler z6. They worked great, but the road was harsh. They're lasting better than the Avon Storms tho. The Avons only lasted about 4500. I put these Metzlers on last Thursday, and they've got plenty good tread left with right at 3500 miles on them.

There might be a story in here....

arctic.jpg

You're right, there might be a story in here. I hope you fill in the details! lurker.gif

Well, I gots to finish the trip before the tales begin. But I'll tell you this, it's got rain, NPT park stamps, beer, bears, bison, Canadian customs agents, an AlCan SS1k, muddin' and slidin', talking with strangers, emergency roadside tire repairs, Iditarod mushers, worn out wheel bearings, George Rahn and the Trails End BMW, crazy drunk Eskimos, small-town gossip, an old whorehouse in Skagway, men trapped on a glacier for three weeks, Indians singing Johnny Cash(eh.), rain, Hyder, a flood, AND I'm still not back in the lower 48.

Well, I gots to finish the trip before the tales begin. But I'll tell you this, it's got rain, NPT park stamps, beer, bears, bison, Canadian customs agents, an AlCan SS1k, muddin' and slidin', talking with strangers, emergency roadside tire repairs, Iditarod mushers, worn out wheel bearings, George Rahn and the Trails End BMW, crazy drunk Eskimos, small-town gossip, an old whorehouse in Skagway, men trapped on a glacier for three weeks, Indians singing Johnny Cash(eh.), rain, Hyder, a flood, AND I'm still not back in the lower 48.

It might be easier to publish this tale in book form!

Archived