IGNORED

B4 UN Rally VI - Bud's Place - You are invited.

Bud

The Fourth Rallying Point will be at "Bud's" place in Nashville, IL (that's in southern ILLINOIS, not in Tennessee . . . you're welcome! ) We will arrive here on Friday, August 31st and this will be the last fixed Rallying Point. We will likely be a large group by this point and there will be lots of folks from north of here who will likely be meeting up with the tour here Friday or Saturday (see next point). Bud has graciously agreed to host TWO nights here for those who want/need a "down day" to rest, do laundry, address maintenance issues, etc. From here there are many options and with a large group I forsee many folks branching off and doing different things from here to WV. If you just jump on the slab it is a day's ride to the UnRally from Bud's . . . but what fun would THAT BE???

The 4 B's? Beer, Brats, Burgers and Beemers. thumbsup.gif

Here is a map/view of our place.

Bud's Place from Space

If you go west on Locust Creek Road to the second left you will see our house at the end of the road. We are 4 3/4 miles south of downtown Nashville. The sign to look for is blue and has an advertisement for "Black Diamond Vineyards". If you zoom in you can see the dock on the point of land behind our house.

Our GPS location is 38 16' 16.88 N 89 23'13.17 W. That should get you within spitting distance.

Not only are those who are coming from the West welcome. Everyone who can get here from anywhere is invited as well. How about all you upper Midwest folks? MN, WI, MI, Chi Town, Rockford? Come on down.

Looks like most will arrive Friday, August 31st. Nancy and I are happy to provide supper. If you don't like beer, brats, burgers then let me know and we will try to accommodate your wishes (vegi burgers anyone?). grin.gif

We have one extra bedroom that is not spoken for. We also have floor space upstairs, and in the basement. The basement has a bathroom and shower. The folks sleeping upstairs will also have a bathroom and shower.

In addition we have lots of grass. Level front and side yard. Large back yard which slopes down to the lake.

Lakeside we have a swimming beach, dock, two kayaks and fishing rods.

Saturday morning will be juice, coffee, milk, donuts and bagels. If that is not your style, there is a country restaurant not far away or if everyone wants to descend on the restaurant that's fine also.

Haven't figured out the menu for Saturday evening yet but will come up with something.

Also have two car garage I will keep open for anyone that needs to do work on their bike. We will have a BMW dealer in St. Louis by then (approx 60 miles away) if you need parts. I have basic tools. Oil changes will be OK also.

So what do you need to do if you plan on being here?

In addition to posting on this thread to say you are IN clap.gif send me a PM letting me know if you plan to be here one or two days. I will confirm your RSVP as well as give you contact info so you can let folks at home know you just didn't hear the banjos in Southern Illinois, start floating down the river and disappear. lmao.gif

For those who would rather sleep in a real bed there is a Best Western at the intersection of I 64 (exit 50) and Highway 127. They have a pool. Their direct phone # is 618-478-5341. I would advise calling them as soon as you know your plans to insure having a room.

Nashville is a small (3,200 population) town in the middle of corn and soybean fields. We have a McDonald's, Hardee's and Subway. We live in the country where it is dark, no pole lights, and quiet (except when the coyotes start to howl at 2 AM). It is safe and secure. Two federal marshals and one county deputy live with hundreds of feet.

Regards,

Bud

AWHFY?

PS A special invite to "Tank", who most likely would get the award for the most miles traveled to get here. I do hope, however, he starts the trip with a rear tire that has tread on it, unlike the last UN where he rolled into Gunny on a thread and a prayer. grin.gif

Firefight911

IN!!!!

As an aside Bud, I am announcing that there are only 83 shopping days left until the 31st of August as I will be sharing my Bday with you and everyone else that day!!!!

The big 40.

See you there. Can't wait.

I'll be picking up my wife at the St. Louis airport that afternoon and will arrive with her that afternoon! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif She will then be joining me, you, us for the remainder of the trip! clap.gifclap.gif

IN!!!!

As an aside Bud, I am announcing that there are only 83 shopping days left until the 31st of August as I will be sharing my Bday with you and everyone else that day!!!!

The big 40.

See you there. Can't wait.

I'll be picking up my wife at the St. Louis airport that afternoon and will arrive with her that afternoon! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif She will then be joining me, you, us for the remainder of the trip! clap.gifclap.gif

Birthday? Did I hear someone say Birthday? Well, any excuse for a party is OK with me. Hmmmm, I smell cake and ice cream clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

PS I like having "younger" people around. As a matter of fact, Nancy and I were married 12 days before you were born. thumbsup.gifgrin.gif

Bud,

We are IN. 2-up! We will get a room at the Best Western. (We are not campers.) We will probably just stay one night as we will still be fresh, this is day-one for us.

We are (mostly) vegetarian, but no need to make any special accommodations, we always manage to find enough 'stuff' to eat!

Thanks in advance for all your work on this!

Bud,

We are IN. 2-up! We will get a room at the Best Western. (We are not campers.) We will probably just stay one night as we will still be fresh, this is day-one for us.

We are (mostly) vegetarian, but no need to make any special accommodations, we always manage to find enough 'stuff' to eat!

Thanks in advance for all your work on this!

Glad to hear you are going to make it. Looks like this is shaping up to be a great time. Nancy keeps asking "how many?" and I say don't know but we will have fun no mater the number.

The more the merrier. thumbsup.gif

For those who would rather sleep in a real bed there is a Best Western at the intersection of I 64 (exit 50) and Highway 127. They have a pool. Their direct phone # is 618-478-5341. I would advise calling them as soon as you know your plans to insure having a room.
We're now booked for Friday and Saturday nights at the luxurious Best Western U.S. Inn Resort. Hope we get a room near the top with a view of the beach & ocean!
We're now booked for Friday and Saturday nights at the luxurious Best Western U.S. Inn Resort. Hope we get a room near the top with a view of the beach & ocean!

Even from the top, the view of the beach and ocean is a little far away. grin.gif

However, you will see water across the highway. thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pics of the backyard I just took.

1182902274.jpg

1182902343.jpg

1182902410.jpg

Think what it will look like when B4 the UN is in full swing. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Where is that excited chatter thread? lmao.gif

We have been having some weather here. Not as bad as the folks in TX.

Here is a pic I just took out the back door.

1183599237.jpg

Compared to the same shot taken a few days ago.

1182902343.jpg

I promise better weather when you all are here.

Hi Bud,

Gar and I are booked at the Best Western for Saturday night.

Look forward to meeting up with everyone at your place. wave.gif Thanks for the invite.

Yoo Hoo clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

This is getting better and better. Looking forward to meeting you both.

Contact info sent via PM.

Been out of town, sorry for late reply. dopeslap.gif

• 3 weeks later...

OK We are going to be home for a week before going to Cody to ride all the wonderful roads in WY, or at least some of them.

Trying to get a head count and this is who I have so far for B4 the UN.

Staying at Casa Bud's:

Sage Rider, Les and Jamie

Staying at the Best Western or some other place

3 Putt

Mike 05

Ken H and Donna

Ratsnake

Gotta Go - both N and G

Am I missing anyone? Does anyone else want to join in?

Right now most are arriving on Friday for the Brats, Burgers and Beer.

On Saturday morning, we will make a short run to a country cafe for breakfast.

Lunch will either be sandwiches here or on your own if you want to explore S. Illinois. Perhaps to Murphysboro for 17th Street BBQ, several times World BBQ champs, and then ride in the Shawnee Forest hills of S. Ill?

Supper here. Tentatively salad, Vodka chicken and maybe home made ice cream for desert. thumbsup.gif

Additions, corrections?

Supper here. Tentatively salad, Vodka chicken and maybe home made ice cream for desert. thumbsup.gif

Additions, corrections?

Yeah, you forgot to add a second helping to my order of the chicken and the dessert! clap.gif
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeeha! Stephen
Woo Hoo,

This really shaping up nicely.

Anyone else want to join in on the fun?

Alright, that's enough of that kind of talk...

You're hurting the feelings of people that can't leave early enough to make by there.

MY tender feelings! Waaaaaaaaa!!! bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

( I just know I'm gonna hear about all the fun when the group gets to Lexington... grumble-grumble-grumble)

I still have some hoops to jump through for us to make the Pied Piper Tour, when do you plan on leaving?

We might try and join up someplace north, Arkansas maybe, if I don't get off in time for the PPT.

I love options, choices, send me more data, ha! wave.gif

Bud,

I'm in for Friday night. I'm in for Saturday breakfast, but after that I'll have to hightail it back to little ole' Bentonville to capture some Husband points. cool.gif I'll contact the Quality Inn if that doesn't work out I might need to bunk under the Casa de Bud's roof. If you still have room?? clap.gif

Bud,

I'm in for Friday night. I'm in for Saturday breakfast, but after that I'll have to hightail it back to little ole' Bentonville to capture some Husband points. cool.gif I'll contact the Quality Inn if that doesn't work out I might need to bunk under the Casa de Bud's roof. If you still have room?? clap.gif

In spite of the fact I wasn't able to help you when you were stranded in Illinois, I do, in fact, have a room for you. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Happy to hear you are willing to ride as far as Illinois to join in on the fun.

Let me know for sure if you want the room ASAP in case someone else wants it as well.

Woo Hoo,

This really shaping up nicely.

Anyone else want to join in on the fun?

Alright, that's enough of that kind of talk...

You're hurting the feelings of people that can't leave early enough to make by there.

MY tender feelings! Waaaaaaaaa!!! bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

( I just know I'm gonna hear about all the fun when the group gets to Lexington... grumble-grumble-grumble)

Sorry, I forgot how tender your feelings are and didn't mean to make you feel bad. bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

Bud,

I'm in for Friday night. I'm in for Saturday breakfast, but after that I'll have to hightail it back to little ole' Bentonville to capture some Husband points.

What! You're not going all the way!?! Traitor!
Paul_Burkett

Put me down for "1" some time on Saturday PM, Momma used her vacation time earlier this year and can not come to the UN. bncry.gif

Now that's what I'm talking about. Another Pied Piper member.

Welcome Paul, contact info on the way.

Looking forward to meeting you.

IN !! Staying Best Western for two Nights. Thanks in advance thumbsup.gif

And it just keeps getting better and better. Looking forward to meeting you. clap.gif

There will be two extra guests for Saturday evening: Mandy Langston, BMW MOA Deputy Media Editor and Ryan Manley, a wrench at the new BMW dealer in St. Louis.

Mandy's mom is my neighbor.

Here's my count (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Staying at Casa Bud's:

Les and Jamie

Paul B

Michael

Murray G (one night)

Staying somewhere else, near or in Nashville:

Mike

Ken and Donna

Gary and Nancy

David and Jean

Carl

Friday will have soda and beer to go with the brats. What brands do you like?

Saturday evening will be vodka chicken with salad so I was thinking maybe some soda and wine. Preferences for either?

One night I plan to make home made ice cream if some of you are willing to crank.

With sadness I have to report that the previous picture of our backyard was taken when it was still raining in S. Illinois from time to time. We are in the middle of a mini-drought.

Now all the grass is brown. bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

But there is still some water in the lake so swimming and fishing and kayaking are still on. clap.gif

Hopefully the heat wave will break before you arrive. It's been close to 100 for way too many days because it is not a "dry heat" in S. Illinois.

Hey! I got bumped from the list. I'll be there Saturday and stay at the hotel. Then on to Lexington with the group on Sunday.

I knew I shouldn't have posted that nuke picture smile.gif

Thanks,

Tom

blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

Boy, am I embarrassed. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

I'm sorry Tom, it wasn't on purpose, I'm just getting old and forgetful.

Don't worry, there will be enough food to go around!

Friday will have soda and beer to go with the brats. What brands do you like?
Neither of us are really beer drinkers (though Leslie likes a nice dark, nasty beer on occasion wink.gif ) nor are we really soda drinkers (though I've been known to "improve" on a Coke with a lime and some Capt. Morgan! cool.gif ), so whatever the others like is fine with us. I'm more of a few glasses of red wine at the end of the day, and I normally just drink Australian or Chilean $4.00 Trader Joe's "Chateau de Plonk" at home . . . just for the healthful cardiovascular and liver effects, and those wonderful anthocyanins, of course! grin.gif

Saturday evening will be vodka chicken with salad so I was thinking maybe some soda and wine. Preferences for either?
see above wink.gif

One night I plan to make home made ice cream if some of you are willing to crank.
Leslie's been doing her push-ups getting in shape for JUST that activity! clap.gifgrin.gif

Well you are my kind of wine drinker.

Nancy and I enjoy a nice "boxed" wine most of the time. grin.gif

Of course there will be endless water as well.

And cranking the ice cream will be a good cardio-vascular workout for Leslie.

endless water

Works for me! thumbsup.gif

Beer: I will drink anything available, but prefer Widmer Hefeweizen.

Ice Cream: A willing Crank(er) here! thumbsup.gif

Sounds Great!

Thanks!

endless water

Works for me! thumbsup.gif

Beer: I will drink anything available, but prefer Widmer Hefeweizen.

Ice Cream: A willing Crank(er) here! thumbsup.gif

Sounds Great!

Thanks!

Dear Cranky,

I think it is against the law to sell any beer in Illinois with a name that we can not pronounce. Is the correct translation from the German "Windy Heifer"?

So if you want that funny stuff, you will have to bring it. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Maybe bring so extra so we can all decide if it is worth drinking. lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Looking forward to your arrival.

Regards,

Bud

Just looked at the ten day forecast. While the next three days are going to be close to 100 with heat index over 100, for Friday, the 31st, the high is going to be a cool 82 degrees.

Hope it turns out to be true. thumbsup.gif

Switching meals on Fri and Sat.

New menu.

Friday night: Vodka chicken, salad, drinks

Saturday night: Brats, burgers, beer, home made ice cream.

Figure that we won't know for sure when folks will be here Friday and on Saturday I will know when to fire up the grill.

I'm easy like Sunday morning! Thanks, Bud for all you're doing for all of us!! thumbsup.gif

P.S. The Pied Piper has arrived in Torrey!!! clap.gif

OK here is the long range forecast.

Friday: high 85 sunny, low 63

Saturday high 83 sunny, low 65

Sunday high 86 chance isolated thunder boomers.

The best I can do. Hope you can cope with the heat. grin.gif

Just an update on my plans. I was thinking of leaving like 3am friday morning for Emmerson's (Bentonville, AR) and join the PP there, but the time required and plus running in morning dark with a full moon through AR would be too DEERIE!

Plan B, leave about 6am and hit the slabs, should be like 8 or 9 hours to Bud's. That would put us there like 3pm or later.

Packed and on launch pad, WAITING. Arrrrh.

Archived