IGNORED

1200ST - what touches down first - pegs or centerstand?

TowJam

To you 1200ST owners with the optional centerstand... Can someone tell me if the centerstand will touch down first in the corner or the peg feelers? Normally, I would assume the feelers but since the centerstand is an option, I'm not sure if it is taken into account.

Uh, not that I foresee this being a problem but I want to be prepared for that first time - sort of like when I carried a condom in my wallet as a teenager. (Still got it.)

Firefight911

Peg feelers. Centerstand has never touched down.

Really work on your body positioning as there really aren't any street situations that would put the hard parts to the tarmac.

Kiss the mirrors baby, kiss the mirrors!!! tongue.giftongue.gif

Firefight911
You're going to carry a centre-stand in your wallet???? confused.gif

No, he's just happy to have an ST!!!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

"Pardon me, is that a centerstand in your pocket - or are you just happy to own an ST?"

(Although to be honest, I don't think anyone would mistake my "enthusiasm" for the beemer for a centerstand.) blush.gif

grasslander

Pegs feelers - definitely. My center stand has never touched. At the track I actually thought about removing the feelers for another 6mm ground clearance!

Jim VonBaden
Peg feelers. Centerstand has never touched down.

Really work on your body positioning as there really aren't any street situations that would put the hard parts to the tarmac.

Kiss the mirrors baby, kiss the mirrors!!! tongue.giftongue.gif

Same here, even at my weight, the peg feelers will touch first, and the centerstand never tried!

Jim cool.gif

Same for the RT.
Right. The reason I was asking is because unlike the RT, the ST's centerstand is not standard equipment and I wasn't sure if that was taken into account WRT to the feelers.
Jim VonBaden
Same for the RT.
Right. The reason I was asking is because unlike the RT, the ST's centerstand is not standard equipment and I wasn't sure if that was taken into account WRT to the feelers.

I'm not positive, but I believe it was standard in 05. My GF's came with one at no charge according to the invoice.

Jim cool.gif

BitScribbler

From my experience, peg feelers, and then on the right-hand side at least, if you lift your foot and keep pushing the engine guard touches down next! eek.gif

Archived