IGNORED

Where to buy oil cooler cover for 1150RT

E30TECH

I have seen only one style (and the company name escapes me right now).

Anyone have pics of one installed?

I'm thinking this will help keep bugs out of the cooler as well as decrease the possibility of a stone going thru the cooler.

Spyder (sic) had one at TechDaze. Maybe he'll chime in.

Come to think of it, he may have made his from speaker grill material.

moshe_levy

Wunderlich makes one for about 60 bucks. My friend Chris made one out of bug screen and double stick tape for about 60 cents.

-MKL

Spyder (sic) had one at TechDaze. Maybe he'll chime in.

Come to think of it, he may have made his from speaker grill material.

Hey, I'm not that sic. Ok, mabe I am tongue.gif

I have the Wunderlich one but they are pricey for what they are but I got mine from someone on this board a few years ago. I'd recommend a trip to your local hardware store for some coarse screen material or speaker grill material and make your own for a dollar or two.

It was Wunderlich that I was thinking. $60 is a lot of coin for what it is. I like the .60 idea as I have some aluminum gutter covers in the garage that would work.

I didn't get to see AJ's at the Tech Daze.

And yes, I think it would look pretty cool thumbsup.gif

Jerry Johnston

I've been cutting furnace filter and sticking it in between the fairing and the cooler. Been doing that for ten yrs and it has worked out great - catches the bug, has good air flow and I just replace it every year or if it gets too buggy.

I've been cutting furnace filter and sticking it in between the fairing and the cooler.

That's the best idea I've heard in a while. Many thanks for sharing clap.gif

Be sure to use the Ultra Allergen kind. I just can't stand the thought of pollen accumulating on my oil cooler.

lmao.gif

Seriously, though, furnace filter material really does impede air flow. At work I've got a room with a Liebert air handler that blew what seemed like hurricane-force winds, so on its outlet we added a layer of the cheap blue fiberglass furnace filter batting and that reduced the windspeed tremendously.

So if you use the filter material, I'd suggest being sure you can pull it out if your bike gets too hot.

Jerry Johnston

Similar only not the folded accordian style, it's more of a mesh style. The thickness of it will help pad it from rock hits as well.

Archived