motolights bulbs

Tank

Ok, I've blown a motolight bulb, and I've gotten these used off of a fellow rider on this DB. . I seem to remember that these bulbs are avalilable at local outlets.. anybody got some ideas of which ones might carry the bulb. Thanks a bunch

Any Home Depot or Lowes will have tons of them. Look for the MR-16 Halogen bulb, but you'll have to make a choice regarding spread (expressed in degrees) and strength (expressed in wattage).

I'd start with the 12-degree, 35 watt bulbs. They're cheap, so if you don't like them, you can try something else.

If you are using the 55 watt amber bulbs I think you will need to get them from the Motolight folks..I've been unable to find any true amber bulbs anywhere else..The other amber bulbs I've tried are not acceptable in color to me..

Won't Motolight replace them free if they burn out? confused.gif Seems I remember that...but then, my memory........

Phil........Redbrick

Firefight911
Won't Motolight replace them free if they burn out? confused.gif Seems I remember that...but then, my memory........

Phil........Redbrick

You are correct! If I blow one, I just ride in to my dealer and voila, I ride back out with all my lights shining bright.

You can also just send them off to Motolight and let them ship you a new one. In this case, just buy a single spare bulb for the eventaulity and then you won't be without light while awaiting the spare.

They warranty ambers for one year and whites for three (I think).....However they are GREAT folks and were more than fair with me when I replaced mine...I highly recommend these guys! thumbsup.gif

Phil........Redbrick

You are correct, they are replaced by motolight, only I bought these used and feel unconfortable exspecting them to replace them and I don't know the history..... I am going to buy two from them and start new and build a customer base with them...... BUT as I want lights now and will get a replacement from the local shop till the big brown truck arrives.

thanks everyone for the feedback

Archived