IGNORED

Cee Bailey's Windshield Order Delays

Mike05

Not too happy with Cee Bailey's at the moment.

Ordered a windshield from them last month with enough lead time to assure delivery by an agreed upon date. Didn't happen, not going to happen.

Vagaries of doing business in general I suppose, as in "Murphy's Law", or just bad timing.

Seems (as explained to me) somebody in the fabrication department quit unexpectedly and all windshield orders are backed up 10 days or more.

No notice to the customer; am posting so everyone is aware of the potential delay. Also because I'm more then a little irritated; wanted the new windshield before leaving on vacation.

Frankly surprised at the poor customer service/communication; their employee "Austin" was very assuring when ordered it would be delivered on time and should anything unexpected come up they'd contact me immediately.

Well, I generally look for the good news; at least they were polite. smirk.gif

I've had a wind screen on order for 23 business days. Sent them 2 emails simply asking about estimated ship dates and never got a response. Ended up calling and the associate said it should ship next week. We'll see.

Am going through the same thing,,Its been over a mounth!!,Called them,they told me the press was down??I hate being lied to,,Never called me to let me know what was going on,, confused.gif

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

I guess money talks. I ordered mine and paid a $50. expedite fee 7 days before I left for Torrey. Windshield was delivered on the 5th calendar day after I placed the order thumbsup.gif.

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Rich,

Would have gladly paid the "expedite" fee had I known about it. My bad, guess I should have asked. dopeslap.gif

Seems they give out more then one reason for orders being behind...

Silver Surfer/AKAButters
Rich,

Would have gladly paid the "expedite" fee had I known about it. My bad, guess I should have asked. dopeslap.gif

Yeah, I'm sure theri working th expedites. smile.gif

Seems they give out more then one reason for orders being behind...

Yeah. I'm sure they're working th expedites. smile.gif

Paul_Burkett

I sold my CB and bought a ZTechnik and it is great. My wife and I went for a three day trip (900 miles) and no matter how hard she tried to move around on the pillion seat, she could not find any bad air. I am 5'10" and she sits on a raised seat with her head behind mine. She loves it, so I am very happy.

http://www.ztechnik.com/products/index.html

Paul_Burkett

I got the Z2400 for an '02RT, nothing fancy and add-ons. I don't think that you can buy taller wind shields, but by clicking on to the second item on the right, new Vstream windshields, after looking up RT stuff, you can read about the van Karman vortex. It looks plausable and works on my bike.

Have they charged you yet? I placed an order a couple of weeks ago and it was charged a day or two ago so I assume that means they are shipping it, but maybe not. Perhaps it means they have finally noticed that I placed an order...

Mike

I am looking at the ZTechnik Z2402 which is somewhat similar to yours; I am also considering a short stock windshield for my 07 R1200RT. Any feedback? Did you consider a different size BMW windshield?

After such a lousy experience with Cee Bailey I started looking around for alternatives.

About a third of the way down this page for California Scientific (just below the first picture) they list a number of manufacturers of after-market windshields together with their web addresses & phone numbers. Kinda nice of them. thumbsup.gif

Also, you can find their just-announced windshield for the R1200RT here

I found the Z Technik offering too large for my preferences; this CalSi version looks interesting. Plan to check it out this week.

I am looking at the ZTechnik Z2402 which is somewhat similar to yours; I am also considering a short stock windshield for my 07 R1200RT. Any feedback? Did you consider a different size BMW windshield?

I have a Cee Bailey +1+1, Vstream, and did the prototype testing for CalSci. Since you are close - If you want to try any of the above, let me know.

I will post a complete review in a few days - right now work is eating me up after taking a couple days off for the BMW track day.

Archived