IGNORED

Cyclegadgets.com are good folks

Fugu

I'm putting a bunch of stuff on my new to me bike. Ordered up some gear from Cyclegadgets including two autoswitches.

One of the autoswitches was DOA - the LED cycles on and off, but the trigger lead out to control a relay is constantly hot at +12VDC.

I called them to sort it out and they wanted it back in resellable condition, a stipulation of the supplier apparently. I explained that since the leads are generously long, they have all been trimmed to length for my installation, and that since I had (incompletely) tested the unit prior to install (I checked the LED, not the trigger lead- DOH!) I had installed it and the other one, loomed all the wiring, etc, and there was no way to remove it without tons of wasted labor. Even if I did this labor, it would still be modified from its as delivered condition since the leads were trimmed to the right length for my install. The only way to swap it out quickly is to cut the leads short and solder in the replacement. I was put on hold for a moment and when the service rep returned she said:

We'll mail you a new one, just throw the other one away.

In other words, they are eating the bad switch cost and taking care of me, the customer.clap.gif I did order several things from them on this order, but this is still above and beyond.

(yes, I posted this at advrider as well, I figured I'd spread the word)

Lone_RT_rider
Nothing but good service from them for years thumbsup.gif

Bingo! I called them regarding an issue with a 3 year old Big Mak tank bag just yesterday. They are shipping me what I need next week.... no charge. I offered to pay for it but no. thumbsup.gif

Shawn

My GPS unit that I bought from them quit at the Lima rally after I had already had it about a year. Cycle Gadgets offered to lend me one of their's to get me home when he was unable to get mine working.

Paul_Burkett

I know them personaly and they are the cream on the crop. Always helping people built their business and has made them the success that they are today.

MarkEngland

I hate to be the only one, but I have ordered several items with no problems, but... one item arrived with no screws. I contacted them and never heard back. On my next order I added to the comment field that I was missing screws from my first order and again, nothing.

Yes, I got the screws on my next trip to Lowes, but I think they should have attempted to make it right.

GoGo Gadget
I hate to be the only one, but I have ordered several items with no problems, but... one item arrived with no screws. I contacted them and never heard back. On my next order I added to the comment field that I was missing screws from my first order and again, nothing.

Yes, I got the screws on my next trip to Lowes, but I think they should have attempted to make it right.

I had a bad experience with them as well. I have had goods ones also. As long as their are many more good ones than bad ones, I am cool. Part of life, the ball will get dropped occasionally.

By no means am I making excuses for the folks at CycleGadgets but I will say that I know the Franklins (owners) and I know that if they were aware of a problem of missing parts in an order, they'd make it right as soon as they could.

In addition to all the shows and rallys they travel to throughout the year, they also recently moved their business and home from Plymouth, IN to Eureka Springs, AK. Several of their employees made the move with them. It has been a crazy year for all of them.

All this to say that if you have a problem, call and ask for Sean or Laurene Franklin, tell them your story and I'm sure the problem will be resolved.

Keep in mind that if they are traveling to a moto show throughout the winter months or a moto rally throughout the summer, one or both of them are traveling before and after the shows/rallys. Usually, there is some staff left behind to mind the store, but many of them are traveling, as well.

That's Eureka Springs, AR, not AK. Arkansas is a little more centrally located than is Alaska. smile.gif

Right. Sorry.

It's late. I had a blond moment (yes, I am a blond for all you PC folks!) smirk.gif.

Great to see a post that applauds good service. There is so much more to business than cheap prices. We have grown into a society of consumers that seem to care less about good service. Of course most people want the cheapest price and then expect the same service level they would have gotten at a higher price......O.K. I'm off my soap box now! dopeslap.gif

Great post!! Does my heart good. (am I still preaching?) tongue.gif

Archived