IGNORED

The Hoons Are Coming!

murrayg

Do you need camping info?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We're gonna have a function at the Junction, baby you better come on right now." I'm soo excited I can't sleep. clap.gif

If your're coming to The Pied Piper Tour's Rally Point Three, please RSVP to this post

Dinner Choices

1. Briozo Brazil, a Brazilian BBQ resturant, all you can eat and choices of 17 different meats. Yeah Baby! We know the owners and if this wins can neogotiate a better deal then the normal $30 per person.

2. Buffalo Wild Wings. TV's everywhere, 10 choices of sauces for wings and other great fun comfort food? Moderately priced unless you lose your mind

3. Casa de G, featuring lounging around and stuffing the face with burgers and dogs? Costs flattery,

4. Do you need info. re. motels?

5. Do you need info. re camping?

We can bed down approx. 20 in our house on the floor and a couple of couches. Approx. 15 people can camp in our back yard.

On Friday we will explore some sweet squiggly roads. The HoOnS are Coming! The HoOnS are CoMing! I can see it now, eating more than we should, lying like rogues, tinkering with bikes and grining like elementary school kids. thumbsup.gifclap.gifcool.gif One thing for sure my neighbors will sure have something to talk about. grin.gif

[Edited in link to explanitory post.]

Firefight911

Yea baby!!!!!! (in Austin Power's speak!!!) lmao.giflmao.gif

Looking forward to it!!!

Pied Piper style frivolity. Woo Hoo!!!

I'll take a piece of floor or a piece of grass.

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

With a "Hoon 1st class",as a host and ride leader,I'm ready to ride out from Va to join in. clap.gif

Hi Emerson, wave.gif

GPS Coordinates for Casa de "G"

N 36-24.129

W0 94-12.393

The closest hotel is an Econo Lodge @ 1209 n. Walton, 479-273-2451. Queen $49.99, $59.99 and a pool.

Big "t" I dare you. clap.gif

come on Down! thumbsup.gif

Emerson,

How early do you expect 'stands up' on Friday morning Aug. 31st? We are close enough that we may just run down there early Friday morning rather than spring for hotel $$ Thursday night. (We aren't campers.)

Thanks in advance for your work on this!

Ken,

Right now I don't have a clue when we take off Friday morning. I will want to check with the group and see what people are thinking. I now need to conduct some research on a route to rally point 4 @ Buds. I want it to be interesting and not a straight A-B run. Not that there is anything wrong with that. tongue.gif Generally speaking I like to leave on a trip by 6:00 a.m., but then its is only me. I should have an idea about time in a week. Keep watching this thread I'll ask for input and provide milage from here to Rally Point 4. I hope you're coming, right now we've got pleanty of floor space still available. grin.gif The Hoons Are CoMiNg. clap.gif

Oh Yeah, I live a whole 2.5 miles from Bentonville BMW, so if you need something we can get you there. Mapquest says that its 387 miles from Casa de "G" to Bud's Joint, but of course that's if you slab it. Nothing wrong with slabing it, but we are going to hunt up some big ole, fat squiggly roads and hang on till we arrive at Rally Point 4.

Ken asked an interesting point. when do we want to leave on Friday Morning? I vote for 6:00 a.m. That way we escape our little burg and get to twisting around before most of humanity is up and at 'em. What say you Hoons?

Well to sort of answer my own question, 6 AM seems pretty dang ding-dong early to me. We could tolerate 7 or 7:30, but 6!?! Is the dew even off the rose/roads by 6 AM? For some reason I was thinking 10 or 10:30 or something.

But if you're talking any of those 6, 7 sort of time frames, we'll come down the night before I'm sure. I can see me convincing Donna to climb aboard at our house at 3 AM. NOT! tongue.gif

Well for my money, 06:00 is too early but 10:00 is defintely too late. I was thinking around 07:00 or 08:00 for departure from "Casa G" to have a fair amount of time for a fun route (I'm SURE Emerson can find a great route that will fill most of the day) while not arriving at Bud's too late for dinner! wink.gifthumbsup.gif

Oh MAN, this is sounding like a GREAT time!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Bob,

You IN! Or are you just kidding? eek.gif Don't break my heart. bncry.gif

Ok, so nobody, but me wants to leave at 6 am, I can deal with it. ooo.gif We do have to travel about 450 miles on squiggly roads, and we want to be feet up at BuDs by 6 pm So, I recommend that we leave at 8:30 am. What say you HoOnS? tongue.gif

Bob,

As of this moment I am planning on being at the UnRally but I'm not doing the Pied Piper - I want to go to N Dakota* on the way, visit Paperbutt in Chicago and then my sister in PA over the holiday weekend.

*Only state I haven't spent a night in.

So, you are breaking my heart. ooo.gif That's alright we will salute you and try and keep the noise down to a dull roar. Roll on and I'm jealous of your having spent at least one night in all 50 states. wave.gif

Bob,

Yeah, he's breaking my heart too--we wanted to stop by Torrey on the way out, but he'll already be on the road . . . unless he finally gets a job! lmao.gif

Oh well, at least we get to see him at the Un!! thumbsup.gif

Ok, so nobody, but me wants to leave at 6 am, I can deal with it. ooo.gif We do have to travel about 450 miles on squiggly roads, and we want to be feet up at BuDs by 6 pm So, I recommend that we leave at 8:30 am. What say you HoOnS? tongue.gif
08:30 is fine with me, but we might want to shoot for closer to 07:30-08:00, just to have a little "contingency time" if there's a good sized group heading to Bud's.
Firefight911
I'll add my $.02: preference is leave between 7 & 8 am.

I don't care what time it is as long as I get a cup of coffee first!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

To answer the original questions:

1. Briozo Brazil, a Brazilian BBQ resturant, all you can eat and choices of 17 different meats. Yeah Baby! We know the owners and if this wins can neogotiate a better deal then the normal $30 per person.

2. Buffalo Wild Wings. TV's everywhere, 10 choices of sauces for wings and other great fun comfort food? Moderately priced unless you lose your mind

3. Casa de G, featuring lounging around and stuffing the face with burgers and dogs? Costs flattery,

4. Do you need info. re. motels?

5. Do you need info. re camping?

We're largely vegetarian and we can scrounge a veggie burger or tofu dog ( tongue.gif ) for a BBQ at Casa de G no worries. I've done the "Glenoz Birthday Brazilian BBQ at Greenfield's" in LA a few times and I could barely walk the next day, let alone ride ten hours on twisty roads in comfort.

We'll crash at your place if that's still cool and we'll look forward to getting some quality hang out time with the "locals" there! cool.gif

Jamie,

We have a place of honor for you, out back in the woods. It looks like hanging with the locals wins. We'll try and scrounge up some fix'ns for our very special guests.

Anbody else join'n us for this first rate festival of scoundrels? wave.gif

We're now booked for Thursday night at the luxurious Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Resort. Hope we get a room near the top with a view of the beach & ocean!

• 1 month later...

Hi Emerson! wave.gif

I don't know how close you've been following "The Trials of Leslie", but Plan A (riding her own bike all the way) as well as Plan B (flying out to St. Louis, pick her up on the way to Rally Point Four at Bud's place) have both been scrapped. Plan C is now full in effect--she'll be pillioning out with me the whole way on Maynard so she won't miss any of the fun and festivities of the "Pied Piper Tour"!! clap.gif

So . . . I hope you still saved us both a soft spot in a corner of the stall! thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

By my count I have 8 HOons making the rendezveous at mi casa. Do I have that right or have I missed someone? We are making plans. Only 15 more days to lounging, eating, lying, and riding squiggly roads. We gonna make it do what it do baby!

• 2 weeks later...

What time are you guessing "grub's on" Thursday evening? Trying to time our interception from 200 miles to the north! (Interestingly, exactly 200 door-to-door by MapSource).

Archived