IGNORED

Bike Fit

gbarker

Ok-

Didn't quite know where to post this one... I've been experiencing some shoulder and neck pain on one side. In a nut-shell I think I need to get my bars closer to me. Any suggestions? I've seen the riser plates that you can add under your bar attachment point. Do they work? Thanks.

Greg

p.s. I ride a r1100rt.

I used BarBaks to move the bars back and up 1". It helped me.

Also search for MYRP (master yoda riding position)

russell_bynum
I used BarBaks to move the bars back and up 1". It helped me.

Also search for MYRP (master yoda riding position)

+1 on the Master Yoda Riding Position. I had the exact same problem on my R1100RT until I adopted the MYRP.

Do a search on MYRP, in a nutshell instead of moving the bars closer to you, move you closer to the bars. If you bend at the hips, your back, neck and shoulders are all straight with no tension. Also, watch your grip on the bars. The RT bars are terribly designed. For the life of me I can't figure out who thought angling them in so much would fit anybody. If you hold the grip tightly, your wrists (and possibly shoulders) are being placed in an unnatural angle. If you rest your hands loosely over the grips, you can allow your wrists (and possibly shoulders) to remain straight.

I agree with the above. Got the MYRP through the RideSmart training ... went from needing my massage therapist after a good Sunday ride ... to being ready for another day of riding after a good Sunday ride! grin.gif

Lone_RT_rider
..... The RT bars are terribly designed. For the life of me I can't figure out who thought angling them in so much would fit anybody.

I guess I would be that anybody. As a matter of fact, I can't find another bike that fits me as well. I put my arms up in the air, and thats where the RT bars are for me. I guess in this case I am a 1% 'er.... grin.gif

Shawn

The Yoda thread is sage advice. I was able to get out yesterday after the rain and check out the technique. It works very well. Being a long time bicyclist, I'm used to making the machine fit the person. However, this approach works well. Thanks

Archived